NJSP Troop B

Status
Not open for further replies.

godskidz

Hi guys and gals.
I have a bcd996xt and am having a heck of a time trying to receive Troop B.
I have the control channels programed in. Also talkgroup id's but it doesn't seem to pick up the cc.
I'm not sure if I have the rebanded frequencies in or not. Driving me nutso.
Any ideas will help.
Thanks y'all.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
If you have the frequencies listed in the database here on RR, you should be picking up at least one of the sites. Netcong, Montana or Randolph should be reachable for your location

godskidz

I read somewhere that use the custom plan. It asks for the lower freq and the high freq. Where would I find them ?
I do have the freq from the data base in.

minasha

I read somewhere that use the custom plan. It asks for the lower freq and the high freq. Where would I find them ?
I do have the freq from the data base in.
A 996xt does not need a custom plan with high and low settings that was for older models. What system are you trying to program NJSP or NJICS

minasha

Straight forward programming should give you good reception, Download freescan and program from Radio reference you should be good

godskidz

I'm in a little hollow. According to Google Earth my elevation is 649ft if that means anything.
I pick local fire and pd but hard to receive the NOAA weather freq's

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Control channel is currently on 859.9625. Depending on your setup you might need an 800Mhz antenna or at a minimum get some height to what you are using now.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
In your first post you said you are using a bcd996xt, then in your third post you said just uploaded the NJICS. The bcd996xt only does phase 1 trunking. The NJICS in phase 2 trunking. You can get the NJSP 800 system on that scanner, but not the NJICS 700 system.

godskidz

I didn't know the difference tween NJSP and the NJICS.
I think like Soup said get higher with the antenna. I'm in a apartment now so thats out of the question.
Thanks guys for your help..

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
In your first post you said you are using a bcd996xt, then in your third post you said just uploaded the NJICS. The bcd996xt only does phase 1 trunking. The NJICS in phase 2 trunking. You can get the NJSP 800 system on that scanner, but not the NJICS 700 system.
The NJICS is Phase II capable, however not all talkgroups are operating in TDMA mode. In fact, many are not, in particular the talkgroups that are also active on the NJSP system. Take a look at the database page for the NJICS and pay attention to the Mode column. D = FDMA (Phase I), T = TDMA (Phase II)

The 996XT and any other Phase I scanner will have no problem decoding any FDMA talkgroups on that system. As for the TDMA talkgroups, they simply will ignore those channel grants.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
The NJICS is Phase II capable, however not all talkgroups are operating in TDMA mode. In fact, many are not, in particular the talkgroups that are also active on the NJSP system. Take a look at the database page for the NJICS and pay attention to the Mode column. D = FDMA (Phase I), T = TDMA (Phase II)

The 996XT and any other Phase I scanner will have no problem decoding any FDMA talkgroups on that system. As for the TDMA talkgroups, they simply will ignore those channel grants.
WoW, I just learned something. I didn't realize that I could get the TGID that is T on a phase 1 scanner, I just figured it was all phase 2. So my 996T should get work on the T TGID's?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
WoW, I just learned something. I didn't realize that I could get the TGID that is T on a phase 1 scanner, I just figured it was all phase 2. So my 996T should get work on the T TGID's?
The other way around. Older P25 Phase I capable scanners can receive the D talkgroups.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Are the freq's shown on here the rebanded or original ones.
The system was rebanded many years ago. The database is accurate. You should be programming only the North Simulcast of the NJSP 800 MHz SmartZone system.

Status
Not open for further replies.