NJSP Troop C - loss of CC in Cherryville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

For years, I've always been able to receieve both the 'B' & 'C' traffic from the NJSP via their Cherryville tower (dual troop site). I haven't been able to acquire a control channel from that site for Troop C in over 48 hours.

Anybody know what might be going on?

KC2JS

Feed Provider
I was going to post the same question. I am still getting a cc for troop c, but it is very weak. Nothing like it was a couple weeks ago.

Danny6569

state police

Im picking them up over here in riverside on the same control channel i usually hear them on which is 860.712 i think the bordentown tower, ive always had trouble picking them up all the time except for these last 2 months, right now i am getting one signal bar on my 396 xt with the little rubber antenna, and with my roof antenna i get 2 bars, i could never get them at all before unless i drove up on rt 130, but right now there loud and clear here in my house, they must have done some changes.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'm thinking that they are doing some more work with rebanding & maybe equipment change-out at that site.

I've been too spoiled these last few years living near that site (just like those in the West Berlin area that live near that massive tower that gives you A & C coverage).

W2SJW

Database Admin
Update!

I talked to my friend on the inside - they shut down the Cherryville transmitters for Troop C, now that Princeton is a full simulcast site. :(

Now, on to the good news - They are putting a full-time site in Wall Twp. to finally get rid of the dead-zone at that part of the east-end... :D

rr60

Premium Subscriber
C3-5 Somerset County

That most likely explains C3-5 recently showing up full time
on the B system in Somerset County (few weeks ago).

Previously only when a unit affiliated with the site would C3-5 be heard.

Now C3-5 is heard full time on the B site here in Somerset County.

This additional system loading also explains the addition of the
new channels at the site.

countryboy879

ok....heres my problem when im in monmouth cty i dont hear nothing on njsp...i was coming home one night from work and someone got pulled over and i didnt hear nothing on the njsp....when im in ocean county i hear very little traffic......i dont hear much of sp but the digital groups from the delaware river....and maybe n* and s*... but again no sp traffic

countryboy879

i have the central system in my radio... per the advice of u guys ..thank you..but please help figure this out??

NESN

2096 im using and i live in long branch but i work in toms river...i program it by hand

The Holmdel & Toms River towers should be booming in for you. It has to be something in your settings. When Wall Twp. goes online you'll know for sure. Does the 2096 have a "attenuator" (att) setting? If so make sure it's OFF, otherwise it'll kill your signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.