NJTP maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesk65

I've been trying to listen to 159.180 for turnpike maintenance but have heard nothing. Have they changed frequencies?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I think it's rather normal that the State of NJ will waste big bucks on this 217MHz passport system when they simply could have added some talk groups to the existing state wide 800MHz system. The DOT doesn't have any problems using the exitsing radio system why not these guys. That's the inept powers that be making poor decisions as usual. I honetsly don't think there are many qualified people working for the state of NJ in any department, they only hire incompentent family and freinds.

Highpockets

I think it's rather normal that the State of NJ will waste big bucks on this 217MHz passport system when they simply could have added some talk groups to the existing state wide 800MHz system. The DOT doesn't have any problems using the exitsing radio system why not these guys. That's the inept powers that be making poor decisions as usual. I honetsly don't think there are many qualified people working for the state of NJ in any department, they only hire incompentent family and freinds.

The GSP is not the State of NJ, it is an Authority, and Commissioners vote on things like the radio system, although the Gov gets a copy of the minutes and has some say, the Ex Director and the Conmmissioners run the roadways, GSP, Turnpike and Expressway, not the State.

Status
Not open for further replies.