NLV Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVscan

Good day all I am using the Broadcastify app and cannot listen to NLV police ... did they go encrypted ?

LVscan

Ah phoney I got into scanner monitoring when I walked into a RadioShack on Sunset and Green Valley parkway and heard Pro-94B In 2001 I stopped monitoring in 2008 my last scanner was uniden 996/396 I want to get back into the hobby but seems like there is very little police traffic to monitor.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Henderson PD, Nye Co, a few Federal repeaters, NHP, Moapa PD, Park Rangers still in the clear. Maybe a few I missed?

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
Henderson PD, Nye Co, a few Federal repeaters, NHP, Moapa PD, Park Rangers still in the clear. Maybe a few I missed?
Is the old 419 DEA machine still on the air? I never hear anything, but it might be because of my location in the valley.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
I get a kerchunk once in a while but no real activity. Word on the street is DEA/HIDTA is one of the encrypted talkgroups on Metro's system. They moved there several years ago, possibly as far back as Desert Sky.

Hooligan

Is the old 419 DEA machine still on the air? I never hear anything, but it might be because of my location in the valley.

I last heard legit comms on it in 2016.

Someone we're familiar with (& is on RR) occasionally plays briefly on it using speech-inversion. Last time I heard clear-voice comms on it was December 2017 when one of the old-geezer Smartnet Club jabronies who had the repeater pair programmed into his radio mistakenly keyed-up on it and responded to someone he was having a dialog with on a ham channel.

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
I last heard legit comms on it in 2016.

Someone we're familiar with (& is on RR) occasionally plays briefly on it using speech-inversion. Last time I heard clear-voice comms on it was December 2017 when one of the old-geezer Smartnet Club jabronies who had the repeater pair programmed into his radio mistakenly keyed-up on it and responded to someone he was having a dialog with on a ham channel.
Gotta love ham radio operators. I was going to say that I haven't heard anything on it since about 2015. But it might have been 2016.

I get a kerchunk once in a while but no real activity. Word on the street is DEA/HIDTA is one of the encrypted talkgroups on Metro's system. They moved there several years ago, possibly as far back as Desert Sky.
That's what I heard, too, Bryan. I was just wondering if they still had radios there for simple BS'ing and stuff. Probably not since it's been dead quiet. Interesting that it is still on the air.

KG7PBS

DEA/HIDTA, CBP/ICE, FBI, ATF & USSS. Our on the 3 big systems I. Nevada all Digital and Encrypted. Metro, NSRS, Wahoe EDACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.