• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NMN6217B Replacement Head for Astro Saber

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok maybe this is not the right place to ask but im sorry if its not i know i been here quite long enough to know but other then anyone telling me to look on ebay or google it and then last ask motorola "which ill do later on"

Does anyone have an idea on where i can find a replacement head for this particular speaker mic head only? I dont care too much for the cord since the head is just replaceable since it has a removable jack but if i have to get the whole thing then thats fine, new or use is always good, its better then the MT900 Speaker mic or the one you would normally see with an HT750/1250 "if anyone gets the picture"

went on several sites and didnt really find what i was looking for unless im not looking good enough.

I cant really post in the classified section but hoping if anyone has an extra head if you could PM me, maybe in the future if my budget wasn't so tight i could actually go ahead and subscribe for a premium subscribers account.

Thanks if anyone is able to help or direct me to a good source.

NCFire11

You are obviously talking about these right?

Light-Weight-Shoulder-Microphone-for-Two-Way-Radio-HM-100-.jpg

mancow

Database Admin
Do you mean the oval Motorola speaker mics with the RJ type jack under the rubber boot at the bottom? If so, they don' sell just the head. You have to buy the whole mic.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Do you mean the oval Motorola speaker mics with the RJ type jack under the rubber boot at the bottom? If so, they don' sell just the head. You have to buy the whole mic.

Thanks mancow.. your always the greatest to bring in the genuine answers but also the ones that hurts too lol... well im ok with that, ill just keep an eye out on the classifieds and on ebay too... bought one "used" obviously but the PTT button is sorta broken like as if it wants to fall out, still functions but maybe thats fixable at the local shop "MAYBE".

Plus the connector is sorta cracked but still it stays in place once i screw it in the Mic Port.

mancow

Database Admin
I will dig around and see what I can find. I know I had a lioke new one with a bd cord or something like that. If I find it you can have it.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Sweet :)... just keep me posted, im pretty sure that would be great to replace just the remote head but the port connector has a crack on it but i think superglue can fix it. "not really"

firefive76

Thanks mancow.. your always the greatest to bring in the genuine answers but also the ones that hurts too lol... well im ok with that, ill just keep an eye out on the classifieds and on ebay too... bought one "used" obviously but the PTT button is sorta broken like as if it wants to fall out, still functions but maybe thats fixable at the local shop "MAYBE".

Plus the connector is sorta cracked but still it stays in place once i screw it in the Mic Port.

If it's just the PTT button that is broken, you can order them on MOL for a few bucks, part # REX4410C. I believe this is the kit that comes with the button and the rubber boot that sits under the PTT button to cover the switch. Looks like it's list price is $2.73.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I'll get on mol tonight and look it up. I was hoping to find another to replace the whole thing. Cord is torn at the port connections end but doesn't delay it from functioning. If the ptt button is that much ill look at it and order it... just I have no way of opening it. Might let the shop do it. I didn't see any screws or something to release them apart.

firefive76

I'll get on mol tonight and look it up. I was hoping to find another to replace the whole thing. Cord is torn at the port connections end but doesn't delay it from functioning. If the ptt button is that much ill look at it and order it... just I have no way of opening it. Might let the shop do it. I didn't see any screws or something to release them apart.

You dont have to open the mic head, they just fit in the opening.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Hope its a simple snap in. It kinda looks terribly abused but ill order the replacement part later tgis week and mancow if you find that mic. It could be a great spare..

Status
Not open for further replies.