• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NMN6273 XTS series APX style speaker mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbnv992

Has anyone used the NMN6273 APX style speaker mic for the XTS ? Looks just like an Apx mic but with an XTS / Jedi style connector. Does this mic have the 1 watt of speaker volume that the Apx has ?

Also - would this work with an XTS3000 as well?

Tech21

Output should be about the same as long as you don't get some cheap chinese ebay junk and then complain about audio quality.

mbnv992

Cool at least I know I can’t use it on a 3000 haha

How do these mics compare to the “standard” speaker mics ? I’m not seeing these for sale anywhere except places like Wiscomm and they are all going for well over $300. They better be the cats ass for that amount of money.
Looks like they have a built in man down button, volume button and one side programmable button. Kind of like an updated / more modern Commander mic.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Cool at least I know I can’t use it on a 3000 haha

How do these mics compare to the “standard” speaker mics ? I’m not seeing these for sale anywhere except places like Wiscomm and they are all going for well over $300. They better be the cats ass for that amount of money.
Looks like they have a built in man down button, volume button and one side programmable button. Kind of like an updated / more modern Commander mic.

They're the newest technology RSM for the XTS series, but you're looking at a hefty price for just an RSM.... At this point, they may be asking more for the mic than a used XTS5000. You're better off just going with a Commander II mic. That is my opinion, for whatever its worth.

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
They are an upgraded Commander RSM with the extreme temperature cable and "upgraded" thermoplastics for the casing. That is their argument for the cost. From looking at the one I had my hands on, there is no appreciable value to spend the money on one unless you "need" the extreme temp cable (that is a whole other argument). The "e" button is bigger and the volume is a toggle, but do exactly the same as the commander mics for function.

My recommendation is that if you are still running XTS radios, buy commander mics.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Why? I've used a Commander II with an XTS3000 without issue....

This isn't a Commander II mic, lol. A Commander II Mic will work on a 3000 without a problem, the mic the OP gave the PN for will not. 2500/5000 only.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
This isn't a Commander II mic, lol. A Commander II Mic will work on a 3000 without a problem, the mic the OP gave the PN for will not. 2500/5000 only.
I know it not a Commander it shares some of the same functions as a commander.. so why will it not work have you actually tried it? because a commander II supposedly did not work with an MTS2000 yet it did without a problem

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I know it not a Commander it shares some of the same functions as a commander.. so why will it not work have you actually tried it? because a commander II supposedly did not work with an MTS2000 yet it did without a problem

Well, considering what the spec sheet says, I think it’s a pretty big gamble to take on a $375.00 speaker microphone. I just got to my bench, and compared the pin outs of a GPS II XTS mic, and the NMN6273. They are identical. I suppose this is another case of foolery by /\/\. Per the NMN6273 spec sheet, it says the mic does not support the 3000 series. If I recall correctly, the 3000 with VSELP firmware did not support the commander II mic. Maybe this is a similar case regarding firmware... Regardless, OP can do whatever he wants... BUT, I don’t see the sense in purchasing a microphone that is worth the same value of being able to upgrade to at least an XTS5000.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
So you really dont know it wont work with a 3000 you just said it didnt without actually knowing... The spec sheet probably did not say 3000 because it is way out of EOL ...

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
So you really dont know it wont work with a 3000 you just said it didnt without actually knowing... The spec sheet probably did not say 3000 because it is way out of EOL ...

Dude, I don’t understand what you’re looking for from me. I think I’ve supplied more than enough information above that SHOULD suffice for the OP to make a decision. I initially said it does not work, because that’s what the spec sheet says. It’s evident you didn’t read what I wrote above about the pin outs.

mbnv992

FYI - the commander II mic does work on the XTS3000 ( at least they do on mine that has the latest and last firmware revision ). PTT / RX, side buttons, etc all works on the commander mic with the xts3000.
But as others have said - I really don’t wanna gamble $400 with taxes for this mic to even try it.
I do have several xts5000 radios as well - my main point of this thread was to see if anyone has had this mic and if it had the 1 watt audio output like the APX radios has - and if they are worth getting.
There is also another version of this mic part number NMN6272 - which is $100 cheaper but doesn’t come with the “XP” fire rated cable.

mbnv992

Just a quick follow up to this thread. I actually ended up scoring a brand new in box commander 2 mic off “that auction site” for $33 shipped. So I think I’ll settle for that instead haha

Status
Not open for further replies.