Nmo spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANEMSPRINGER

Looking for an NMO spring adaptor. I have a NMO antenna and NMO mount, does anyone make a spring maybe 3-4" long 1-2" wide with NMO male-female for adding a spring load between the NMO antenna and NMO mount???

When I was in the ARMY we had them on our trucks, but I cant find them anywhere!

Thanks!

fineshot1

Looking for an NMO spring adaptor. I have a NMO antenna and NMO mount, does anyone make a spring maybe 3-4" long 1-2" wide with NMO male-female for adding a spring load between the NMO antenna and NMO mount???

When I was in the ARMY we had them on our trucks, but I cant find them anywhere!

Thanks!

On any commercial or amateur antennas the spring goes between the wip and base load
coil or the base of the antenna and NOT between the antenna and mount.

The spring you need all depends on the make/model of antenna you have which you did
not mention. Try a google search on the make/model antenna you have and see what
turns up. Without more info that is about all I can recommend.

LtDoc

Can't remember where I got it but I have one. Since it's really only good for a 50 ohm antenna, and at VHF/UHF a spring isn't very necessary, I only got it cuz It was an NMO type mount. (Lost the whip from a base loaded antenna, couldn't find a replacement locally.) Six or ten meters, maybe. Oh well.
- 'Doc

DANEMSPRINGER

Can't remember where I got it but I have one. Since it's really only good for a 50 ohm antenna, and at VHF/UHF a spring isn't very necessary, I only got it cuz It was an NMO type mount. (Lost the whip from a base loaded antenna, couldn't find a replacement locally.) Six or ten meters, maybe. Oh well.
- 'Doc

Have any pics? wana sell it?

LtDoc

I don't want to sell it, sorry. I'll see if I can get a picture though. If I got one around here, they just can't be that 'rare'.
- 'Doc

LtDoc

I was at a sort of local 'candy store' yesterday and guess what I saw on the connector isle! They have an NMO mount with a 'stud' mount. Didn't measure is but it looks like a typical spring would screw right into it. Don't quote me but I think it was in the $10 - $15 range.
That 'candy store' is the 'Main Trading Company' in Paris Texas. Richard is the owner, he's not a bad one to do business with. Sorry, don't have an email for him, but it shouldn't be hard to find.
- 'Doc

(ask about a DX-100! Bet you can get it cheap... except for the shipping? :))

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
I cant find it anywhere! I will probably build my own.
If you are considering building something already I have to ask what kind of antenna are you trying install? If the NMO base doesn't have a coil I have a cheap fix for you. It really depends on the antenna though.

fineshot1's comments were spot on.

Last edited:

Heyboy

South of the Red River, North of the Metromess
Main Trading Company

I was at a sort of local 'candy store' yesterday and guess what I saw on the connector isle! They have an NMO mount with a 'stud' mount. Didn't measure is but it looks like a typical spring would screw right into it. Don't quote me but I think it was in the $10 - $15 range.
That 'candy store' is the 'Main Trading Company' in Paris Texas. Richard is the owner, he's not a bad one to do business with. Sorry, don't have an email for him, but it shouldn't be hard to find.
- 'Doc

(ask about a DX-100! Bet you can get it cheap... except for the shipping? :))

email address is:

sales@maintradingcompany.com

Status
Not open for further replies.