NMO to "N" female ground plane kit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

The Tram is ok and about the same quality as a Larsen, but I don't find a Larsen with an N connector and you want that for an 800 antenna. For permanent outdoor use I would lube the NMO antenna threads and contact with some silicone grease then degrease the mount, attach the antenna and a mask off the antenna and N connector threads then prime and paint the mount and radials. That will give it a few more years of life before it succumbs to corrosion.

Here is a slightly cheaper price on that mount. NEW TRAM 1470 Land Mobile Base Ground Plane Kit NMO to N Connector SAME DAY SH | eBay

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
The Tram is ok and about the same quality as a Larsen, but I don't find a Larsen with an N connector and you want that for an 800 antenna. For permanent outdoor use I would lube the NMO antenna threads and contact with some silicone grease then degrease the mount, attach the antenna and a mask off the antenna and N connector threads then prime and paint the mount and radials. That will give it a few more years of life before it succumbs to corrosion.

Here is a slightly cheaper price on that mount. NEW TRAM 1470 Land Mobile Base Ground Plane Kit NMO to N Connector SAME DAY SH | eBay
I did get some electrical waterproof stuff you use on connections, so I am glad I got that. I take it the radials are not stainless steel.

prcguy

The radials on all the ground plane kits I've seen are SS. Right after my last post here I did see some really nice looking Larsen base station adapters geared for 800MHz in a post from mmckenna so I would look into those.

I did get some electrical waterproof stuff you use on connections, so I am glad I got that. I take it the radials are not stainless steel.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
The radials on all the ground plane kits I've seen are SS. Right after my last post here I did see some really nice looking Larsen base station adapters geared for 800MHz in a post from mmckenna so I would look into those.
Getting ready to order the one that mmckenna suggested.....

Status
Not open for further replies.