NMSP Dist 10 repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I hear NMSP Dist 10 (Farmington) 155.580 repeats the mobiles. Anyone in the know that might know more on this? Such as the FCC license info. I looked (not real hard), couldn't find anything in the FCC database. And, any other districts repeat mobiles on VHF?

beerzkool

Scanning the Pajarito Plateau since 1995.
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I can contribute only to the last question. During the transfer to the 700mhz system, both the base and the car could be heard on the same frequency for District 1 (155.565) and District 5 (155.52). It was mostly during the summer. I do not think that is the case now.

mjm2001

It has been a few years back when the state radio techs started looping the mobile transmissions back into the base transmit freqs through the microwave system, that way the other mobiles could hear each other over a wider area. It helps with officers not walking on each other or too many transmitting at the same time and is even more important now that there are only 3 dispatch centers in the state. Over here on the Northeast side Colfax and Union Counties use 155.565 as the base transmit and 155.655 for mobiles. In San Miguel County they use 155.580 for the base and the 155.685 for the mobile transmit.
As for the license info the state has started using morse code transmitter ids on all their frequencies probably for fear of loosing them since they are so rarely used and those can be heard on all the base transmit frequencies. Below is the main listing for the freq in Farmington. Every thing the state has licensed is listed under the State of New Mexico it isn't listed by agency. If you click on the callsign it will take you to the full frequency listing for what is licensed for DPS.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Now to figure out which dispatch centers handle which NMSP districts.
I hear "Centcom" (Albuquerque Dispatch) on the Farmington District 10 freq (155.580) with 1400 series units. Now to figure out the unit numbering system, starting with 1400 series units.

Another quest from my post in Durango, Colorado.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
I hear NMSP Dist 10 (Farmington) 155.580 repeats the mobiles. Anyone in the know that might know more on this? Such as the FCC license info. I looked (not real hard), couldn't find anything in the FCC database. And, any other districts repeat mobiles on VHF?
Yep. District 3 repeats mobiles on VHF

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Repeating was always a option as each district had a district local which was the repeated channel pair, and a district channel which was just the microwave. but 95 percent time it wasn't needed.

As noticed the repeaters are turned on essentially having all on the output thus you hear the repeater Id tone for its license.

It always had them. Just most areas they never needed to turn it on.

Without a doubt NMSP state wide is going 700 and there is no turning back with any of it. Vhf eventually will be moot.

The repeated traffic will be simulated over to the 700 for reasons as backup then shut off. All nmsp units now have dual band mobiles. The vhf is a backup per say and some locals to monitor simulcast on vhf from 700 but eventually itll be shut off.

Last edited:

Paysonscanner

William2910, Hubby and I did some backpacking and river rafting in New Mexico a couple of decades ago. As he understood it New Mexico runs remote bases that are microwave linked. The mobile frequency is normally not transmitted on the site's base frequency. The discussion above leads me to believe they are able to turn that function on. This is similar to the CHP in California. We noticed that NM State Forestry used simplex with its remote bases, but NM Game & Fish had a mobile and base frequency, both on low band. We heard the state police mobile traffic on the base frequency in the Santa Fe area each time we passed through.

I wonder how many more repeater sites they are going to need on 700 MHz. I wonder about how the canyons east of Albuquerque on I40 are going to be covered. Sandia Crest would seem like a great site, but that canyon is likely a tough place for a site up there.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Correct the repeaters can and would be turned on by dispatch if needed.

Some sites did in fact not have any repeaters.

Many districts did however just didnt use them.

It may seem complicated but really isnt with how the vhf was programmed.

The units can operate normal on microwave or if dispatch enables the repeater nobody needs reprogramming.

The build out is still occurring with trouble areas being worked on.

I can say though vhf will be around till at least 2025 maybe longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.