NMSP vrs pacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been paying attention up north to the extender portables?

I've seen a mix of UHF 450 mhz APX 1000s, 4000, 6000, 8000s, 8000s being capable of the 700mhz, and UHF pac 450mhz pair, and VHF.

Down south everyone has been issued out xts1500s models 1, 1.5, handful of xts 2500 model 2s.

Just wondering if anyone's caught patched traffic from the TRS over to the VHF/UHF pac extenders lately up there.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
I do see and once in a while I'll hear activity on the 460's occasionally that has short bursts that lasts briefly. You will have to search 450 to 469 to see what you can find and good luck in looking for them.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I have the pacs, TX and rx as well as the less than handful vhf ones out there.

Was wondering if anyone has heard peeps on the 700 yet which is patched over to the uhf.

My understanding is some are using the trs on handhelds, some still using uhf TX steering tone pacs.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
They use UHF PAC in analog and it's just a vehicle repeater to portable. So if they are on the DTRS and turn on the vehicle repeater then the trunking channel will be sent in Analog to the UHF portable. Hear it all day long in ABQ. Simple and very effective. They been doing this for very long time well before they had 700 trunking system. The vehicle repeater and portable dont care what channel or system they are on. They also have large mix and match of portables. I have even seen some Harris XL200 used by some troopers.

Status
Not open for further replies.