• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR NNTN8128

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2NEC

Hey all

I recently got a few NNTN8128 batteries with the intention of using them with my XPR7550e. Charged a few up and put them in my radio only to find the "Unknown battery" error. I know that these are meant for the APX1/2/4000 but shouldn't they work with the 7550e too since they use the same contacts? The batteries themselves seem to work ok besides being a little old but they just won't display the battery life in them. Anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Where did you buy them? Authentic? There are many sellers online saying they will work with XPR and they do but they don't have the chip for Impress. I learned this on two ebay buys.

K2NEC

Where did you buy them?
Ebay
Authentic?
Yep 100% legit.
There are many sellers online saying they will work with XPR and they do but they don't have the chip for Impress. I learned this on two ebay buys.
They went through a recondition cycle so methinks they are fine.
Motorola lists those batteries as officially for the APX radios which makes me think there is something inside the battery that the radio detects and it's just like "nope I don't want to work"

EDIT: I should mention these are batteries that have been decommissioned so they obviously worked fine at one point.

K2NEC

Maybe so APX vs XPR?
Since they don't work right with my 7550e I would probably sell the ones that work. But I don't have an APX4000 to confirm that they work or what their service life is unfortunately. When I get to testing all of them out I'll see if it's all of them with the same problem or just coincidentally the ones I tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.