• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

No 2Tone Activation on a P25 conventional frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffycc

How do I program a single P25 Conventional Frequency with 2 tone.

Tone A: 349
Tone B: 910

Freq: 153.995 NAC827

Thanks!

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
The QCII on P25C is not fully fleshed out in the current release version but will be available fully in the upcoming 1.30 release.

jeffycc

The QCII on P25C is not fully fleshed out in the current release version but will be available fully in the upcoming 1.30 release.

When do they expect that release? How do I know if the system I'm trying to monitor is either P25C or just P25.
I don't see any Talkgroups. It was a conventional analog frequency that is now 100% digital.
I also was able to decode the new Tone A/B on the digital frequency, which is 349 / 910.

Thanks!
Jeff

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
When do they expect that release? How do I know if the system I'm trying to monitor is either P25C or just P25.
I don't see any Talkgroups. It was a conventional analog frequency that is now 100% digital.
I also was able to decode the new Tone A/B on the digital frequency, which is 349 / 910.

Thanks!
Jeff
P25C is P25 Conventional. I hope to have a release version soon but I will try to get an estimated date.

mdsxfire

EDBM
David, we just started using G5 pagers to dispatch off our p25 phase II system using QCII, when our dispatcher hits our page button it send our 2 tone pair out twice, the pager will only alert on the first two tone pair and just plays the second one as a scanner would. I was told this was a firmware issue and was being worked on, I was just wondering if this is something in the near future or more on the back burner
Thank you

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
David, we just started using G5 pagers to dispatch off our p25 phase II system using QCII, when our dispatcher hits our page button it send our 2 tone pair out twice, the pager will only alert on the first two tone pair and just plays the second one as a scanner would. I was told this was a firmware issue and was being worked on, I was just wondering if this is something in the near future or more on the back burner
Thank you
I have a workaround for it currently but we are looking at improving our 2 tone decoding with regard to stacked paging. If you would like you can email me with your file and I should be able to help you get it working.

mdsxfire

EDBM
i received my profile back from david and unfortunately it did not work for our tones, i still get the pager to alert on the first pair but only play the second pair the same as a radio or scanner would. The difference he made was to turn off delay n which in turn also turns off record delay, for anyone who wants to try, im hoping one of the next firmware releases addresses this, it is only an issue at night when the pager only plays the alert tone once and it doesnt wake some people up. we are trying to add a warble tone after our two tone pair to make it louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.