• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

[No. 698] All protocol is \"No Setting\", Please check again

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Trying to tweak my son's G5 that I originally programmed. Even without making any changes in Tab D4, I get the message, "[No. 698] All protocol is \"No Setting\", Please check again"

I never came across this before. What is causing this, and how do I correct it?

bob550

Premium Subscriber
What change(s) were you attempting to make? What tab were you in when you received this message? Are you implementing encryption on the G5?

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
I was in D4, desiring to add a P25 talkgroup. I had not added or modified a thing, however when attempting to move to another tab, I received that error message.

N6ML

Trying to tweak my son's G5 that I originally programmed. Even without making any changes in Tab D4, I get the message, "[No. 698] All protocol is \"No Setting\", Please check again"

I never came across this before. What is causing this, and how do I correct it?

Check row 698. You probably don't have a number specified in any of the ID columns (P25C TGID, P25T TGID, etc.). If that row is real, fix it. If it's not deal, delete it.

N6ML

Talkgroups are added in D5. D4 is only for encryption-related programming.

Prior to PPS V0.3.16.x, it D4 was "Group ID Setting". Unfortunately they inserted the new encryption tab in the middle, making conversations like this confusing.

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Yes............I was using a different version of the PPS, thus the variation of tab numeration. Sorry 'bout that!

Row 698 was absolutely the issue! (Learn something new every day!)

Now the cable isn't being recognized by the PPS. (It is by his laptop however.)

I think the drivers are auto-installed with Windows 10, but I'll hunt around to see what this solution is.

Thanks specifically to N6ML for the solution, and to all for their input.

Status
Not open for further replies.