ARC Patrol: No Activity After Downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpasq

I have spent the better part of the day trying to add some more LOCAL Virginia systems to my Home Patrol 1 using both Home Patrol Sentinel and ARC Patrol, and NO LUCK in getting any reception. Fist let me say, I am getting many of the other local systems, (P25 Phase 1, Motorola, Standard). The most frustrating part is when I download the city (let's say Norfolk), everything is there when viewed in ARC and Sentinel, (sites, trunking data, etc.), but when I select the sytem in HP1 it doesn't show any channels loaded. I don't understand how that can be when the data in ARC and Sentinel clearly shows the frequencies are there (control channels and alternates) and all the system tags, description DEX HEX data etc. Also, the type of system is the same P25 Phase 1, which is the same as two other cities of which they are working perfectly (and the range is actually further than those I cannot get to work).

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this as I am pulling my hair out. In the past, I have always been able to download a system from RR and it worked perfectly, but NORFOLK and VA State Police (STARS) for some reason I cannot get to work at all. The one I am most puzzeled about is NORFOLK, as the system is identical to two of its neighboring cities which I receive no problem.

ANY THOUGHTS, SUGGESTIONS?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you had a 536 I'd suggest increasing the scanner's range setting along with the range settings for sites and departments.

Unfortunately I do not have a Home Patrol scanner so I don't know all the ins and outs of this and am just applying some of the 536 concepts to that, which might help you thinking this through.

marksmith

This can happen if you have systems or departments or all talkgroups in a department avoided in the software before you download to the scanner. It figures you don't want to hear it.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.