No airshows this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
LOL, great. With the cost of gas, if I start saving up now, I'll have enough by the time October comes. :D

Seriously though hmmm, that could be fun. Get a hotel, make a weekend of it. Prescott's nice that time of year, albeit a little chilly for this Valley of the Sun scannist.

Thanks for the info.
-AZ

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
AZScanner said:
LOL, great. With the cost of gas, if I start saving up now, I'll have enough by the time October comes. :D

Seriously though hmmm, that could be fun. Get a hotel, make a weekend of it. Prescott's nice that time of year, albeit a little chilly for this Valley of the Sun scannist.

Thanks for the info.
-AZ

If you click on the Prescott link you will notice that the 2008 Fair is cancelled, due to a lawsuit over the midair collison that killed 5 persons prior to the 2007 Airfair.

Blkops

In Tucson the Air show runs every other year at DM. In the off years they have the herritage confereance. Dont be fooled by the word "herritage" they have old and new planes, including F-22's, F-16, A-10's. Just to name a few. This year is a off year. If you can get on base for this its a bit more mellow, however you missed this one. The pilots are flying for certifications for special events like Nascar, Air Shows, and other sporting events.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Blkops said:
In Tucson the Air show runs every other year at DM. In the off years they have the herritage confereance. Dont be fooled by the word "herritage" they have old and new planes, including F-22's, F-16, A-10's. Just to name a few. This year is a off year. If you can get on base for this its a bit more mellow, however you missed this one. The pilots are flying for certifications for special events like Nascar, Air Shows, and other sporting events.

One small correction, the Heritage Conference is held every year, as all of the pilots, vintage and current, must certify or re-certify to fly in these formations.

Blkops

oops., you're right

sigggggggggggggggggggg.jpg

Last edited:

C4ISR

MCAS Yuma, air show changes dates from Feb to May

This year's air show will be the last MCAS Yuma air show to be held in February for several years, The 2009 show is already set for May 2nd. The rescheduling is in response to several requests from the community to see the Blue Angels, the Thunderbirds or another big ticket team perform. Going to be HOT in May ! Yuma Sun newspaper article http://www.yumasun.com/news/air_39401___article.html/year_team.html

Status
Not open for further replies.