No audio on my feed

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I seem unable to get my audio stream to upload to my feed Thomas County Fire Dispatch Live Audio Feed.

Broadcastify says its connected, but there is no audio. I currently (temporarily) have NOAA weather radio feed connected for troubleshooting, but hear nothing.

I am using Scannercast V0.14 with an old Windows laptop. This feed has worked for years with no intentional change in configuration.
I have substituted the radio, no help.
I have the radio volume about halfway which has always been fine.
I have substituted the patch cord between the radio and computer, no help.
I have the External Mic source selected in Scannercast. When I look at this source using Windows Control Panel or Audacity, I can "see" the modulation, so I feel like the audio is making it from the radio to the computer sound card.
I selected the other two potential audio input sources (listed as available) using Scannercast, no help.

I've stopped/restarted Scannercast, rebooted the computer, verified my Internet connection, and have connected to Broadcasify (to monitor the feed) from multiple devices, but no luck.

I'm out of ideas...

Thanks in advance!

n0esc

Feed Provider
No guarantees that this is the issue, but for me in the past I've had Windows update do strange things when updates have gotten installed and it's made changes to audio drivers that these programs don't always like. One workaround that shouldn't require you to have to fiddle with your Scannercast install is to try installing a virtual audio cable. VB-Audio Virtual Apps That way you can "force" windows and Scannercast to use specific inputs and outputs and direct the audio to that specific program.

The slightly more brute force method that has worked for me also is to uninstall Scannercast entirely and start fresh. Like above, what happens is windows updates in the background and overwrites some of the drivers and libraries and breaks stuff.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
My experience is that a Win 10 or Win 11 update will change the microphone privacy settings 'Let desktop apps access your microphone' to off. I recently had a problem with the line input not passing audio and found out that the 'Let desktop apps access your microphone' was off so I think a recent Win 11 started to include the line Input to the microphone privacy settings.

My free RadioFeed program similar to ScannerCast has an audio meter at the input side to help troubleshoot audio problems.

Last edited:

dgoodson

Feed Provider
My experience is that a Win 10 or Win 11 update will change the microphone privacy settings 'Let desktop apps access your microphone' to off. I recently had a problem with the line input not passing audio and found out that the 'Let desktop apps access your microphone' was off so I think a recent Win 11 started to include the line Input to the microphone privacy settings.

My free RadioFeed program similar to ScannerCast has an audio meter at the input side to help troubleshoot audio problems.
My problem is no doubt getting Scannercast to recognize and use the correct sound driver/source. Been working for years until recently.

I downloaded and switched over to Radiofeed and its working like a champ! Thanks!