ProScan: No Audio ? SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8WCA

When I say want to start the web server (I have been using it a lot) I now get a: Ethernet Audio Not Connected to Scanner Must Resolve ~
So in Audio Control Web Server (Or Any other Audio Control Tab for that Matter)
I try to setup Input Sound Device = URL - URL Setup shows correct IP and I checked it.
And I try the way of autodetect IP Scanners same thing
It Says TCP Not Connected UDP Not Connected
I turned off Windows Firewall (I have no antivirus)
Same problem
Recycled SDS200 Same Thing
Disabled LAN It power cycles
Re set IP It power cycles

I re Booted 2 times and it fixed it (1st Time did not gmaybe due to winders fastboot?)

Last edited:

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
Did you ever fix that issue? I have the same, but I am running ProScan on a Mac through VMWare Fusion

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Did you ever fix that issue? I have the same, but I am running ProScan on a Mac through VMWare Fusion
You say the same but I want to make sure.
Are you seeing TCP Not Connected UDP Not Connected messages in the audio URL Setup dialog?
Is the IP address correct?
Do you have a virtual scanner display in ProScan?
Did you power cycle the scanner?

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
All of the above. Right after I posted, I changed the IP of the scanner drom DHCP to a manual IP and it started working again.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
A static IP address is almost always preferable.
Very much agreed. Rather than mess around with the SDS, I simply made a reservation, as it was much quicker on my end.

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
Macintosh Pro 16 inch 2019
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
64 Gb Memory, 8 TB Storage
VMware Fusion 11.5.6
Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.1016
2 GB Memory, 60 GB Storage
ProScan 16.6.5
Uniden SDS200 (192.168.1.11)

Computer and SDS200 connected via Ethernet cables to the same network switch which is connected to the router. I go to Audio Control and URL Setup and both TCP Not Connected and UDP Not Connected appear. I tried the Auto Detect IP Scanner but it doesn't find anything (even though under COM Settings it does find it). I reboot the scanner and then I see some activity on the RX and TX and then both the TCP and UDP come up with Not Connected again. I did try and disable the IP address and rebooted and then reenabled it and rebooted. I did have my MacBook Pro crash and reboot recently while ProScan was running. COM Port menu is set up and the computer does see the scanner as I see it scanning, but I cannot get any audio to come across. It was working OK and then it just stopped overnight. It looks like it recorded, but playback produces no audio, I scanned my network for duplicate IP addresses, but did not find any. If this has been covered before, do point me into the correct direction. What other troubleshooting steps should I take?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Macintosh Pro 16 inch 2019
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
64 Gb Memory, 8 TB Storage
VMware Fusion 11.5.6
Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.1016
2 GB Memory, 60 GB Storage
ProScan 16.6.5
Uniden SDS200 (192.168.1.11)

Computer and SDS200 connected via Ethernet cables to the same network switch which is connected to the router. I go to Audio Control and URL Setup and both TCP Not Connected and UDP Not Connected appear. I tried the Auto Detect IP Scanner but it doesn't find anything (even though under COM Settings it does find it). I reboot the scanner and then I see some activity on the RX and TX and then both the TCP and UDP come up with Not Connected again. I did try and disable the IP address and rebooted and then reenabled it and rebooted. I did have my MacBook Pro crash and reboot recently while ProScan was running. COM Port menu is set up and the computer does see the scanner as I see it scanning, but I cannot get any audio to come across. It was working OK and then it just stopped overnight. It looks like it recorded, but playback produces no audio, I scanned my network for duplicate IP addresses, but did not find any. If this has been covered before, do point me into the correct direction. What other troubleshooting steps should I take?
Looks like you did everything. You may want to power cycle the scanner again. It looks like something is blocking the TCP connection. Perhaps disable any Internet Security/ Antivirus software for a test.

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
I have disabled Windows Defender (RegEdit: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\DisableAntiSpyware set to 1) and now it seems to work. If we want to have Windows Defender running, is there a way to put in an exception?

Attachments

• 1597926277920.png
    1597926277920.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 13

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
OK, now I am back to it not working. I reset the settings and user settings on the SDS200 and reimported my lists. Set the IP to a manual IP. I am connected from the LAN through a switch on the SDS200 and my Mac running Fusion is through the same switch. I can see the display on my computer mirroring what the scanner saysl When I look at the URL setup, the UDP Scanner port increments by 2 every 5 seconds or so after disappearing for a second, When I click on Auto Detect IP Scanner, nothing comes up even when I refresh it . Windows Security shows Virus and Threat Protection turned off. Not sure what more I can test.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK, now I am back to it not working. I reset the settings and user settings on the SDS200 and reimported my lists. Set the IP to a manual IP. I am connected from the LAN through a switch on the SDS200 and my Mac running Fusion is through the same switch. I can see the display on my computer mirroring what the scanner saysl When I look at the URL setup, the UDP Scanner port increments by 2 every 5 seconds or so after disappearing for a second, When I click on Auto Detect IP Scanner, nothing comes up even when I refresh it . Windows Security shows Virus and Threat Protection turned off. Not sure what more I can test.
Did you power cycle the scanner?

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I can see the scanner display on my VM PC, so it is making the connection. I can control the scanner from my computer. Just cannot receive audio or see the scanner when I press auto detect ip scanner, it shows nothing.

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
I will try that tonight before going to bed. I guess all traffic does go through the router. From some reason, I had thought the traffic would only go as far as the switch and then go to the computer.

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
Rebooted my routers and WiFi (even though I have Ethernet connection for both the computer and SDS200). The weird thing is that I see the display in ProScan going through its scan. I just cannot figure out why I cannot see the scanner in Auto Detect IP Scanner and able to control the radio from ProScan (volume, menu, etc). When I go to recorder and turn it on, it sees that there is audio coming from the scanner and opens a file, but on playback I just get silence. Both volume of Mac and Windows are up (made that mistake before). Right now, it just has TCP Scanner Port 554. The other three are blank and TCP Not Connected and UDP Not connected are showing. What ports should I check to see if there is a conflict with NetStat?

belvdr

What is the IP of the SDS and the IP of your Windows VM?

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
Scanner: 192.168.1.11
VM: DOH! Looks like an external address... I had it on NAT. Changed to Bridged. Going to reboot and see if that does it.

belvdr

Scanner: 192.168.1.11
VM: DOH! Looks like an external address... I had it on NAT. Changed to Bridged. Going to reboot and see if that does it.
That's what I was thinking was happening. Even on a small routed, not firewalled, network, I couldn't get ProScan to find my scanner.

Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.