No audio through LAN port on SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki7be

I cant seem to get any audio streaming through the LAN port. I have tried listening remotely using Proscan on a PC and the Siren app on Iphone. Both will allow remote control and I can see the systems changing on the screen but no audio. The SDS200 is connected to a LAN port on a router with static ip address of 192.168.1.120. The PC and the iphone are on the same router. I do not have any port forwarding configured on the router. It is a pretty simple setup. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Port forwarding is not needed for a local environment. On a whim, have you tried using you PC wired into the router and/or disabled the Windows firewall?

ki7be

Port forwarding is not needed for a local environment. On a whim, have you tried using you PC wired into the router and/or disabled the Windows firewall?
Thank you for the port forwarding info. The PC is wired, and windows firewall as well as AVG antivirus is Off.

southernCTscan

Feed Provider
Yes, it will not connect. I am trying to use the URL option with the scanners ip address.

This is what I do > shut down the scanner > shut down ProScan > power the scanner up > open ProScan be sure the scanner is showing up > open the audio setup > set the "input sound device" to URL then press URL Setup.

ki7be

This is what I do > shut down the scanner > shut down ProScan > power the scanner up > open ProScan be sure the scanner is showing up > open the audio setup > set the "input sound device" to URL then press URL Setup.
Thank you, but I have tried that procedure numerous times with no luck.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Are you seeing "TCP Not Connected" or "UDP Not Connected" or both?

First - I would double and triple check that the AVG Antivirus software is off.
Second - Power cycle the scanner.

{edit} Make sure Siren app not connected at the same time as only one app can connect to the scanner LAN audio at a time.

ki7be

This doesn't seem like it should be this difficult, unless I have a defective scanner. I have now connected everything to a different router with different Ethernet cables. I still can not get the audio control input sound device to connect using URL. The URL Setup & Monitor window just shows "TCP Not Connected" and "UDP Not Connected". I have pressed the "Audio Detect IP Scanners" button, and found the SDS200. Then I pressed the use this scanner button, so I know I have the correct IP address. All the other posts I have read say "it works" and "is simple". I think one post even said "a fifth grader can do it". Well I guess I need to go back to elementary school.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
unless I have a defective scanner.
I doubt it's the scanner.

Try disabling the "Set IP Assignment" in the scanner. After that, power cycle the scanner. After that "Set IP Assignment" to Auto. Finally power cycle the scanner.

Also triple and quadruple check that the AVG Antivirus software is disabled. It seems that something is blocking the TCP connection from the computer to the scanner.

ki7be

I doubt it's the scanner.

Try disabling the "Set IP Assignment" in the scanner. After that, power cycle the scanner. After that "Set IP Assignment" to Auto. Finally power cycle the scanner.

Also triple and quadruple check that the AVG Antivirus software is disabled. It seems that something is blocking the TCP connection from the computer to the scanner.

I tried all of that numerous times with no luck.

ki7be

Well it started working, but I don't know why.
After I put everything on a separate router and it still didn't work, I decided to configure the PC and the SDS200 with fixed IP addresses with zeros for the gateway and DNS entries. After I configured the SDS200 manual LAN settings with 0.0.0.0 for the gateway and DNS entries the scanner reset and displayed installing new firmware. After that it started working. I now have it back on the original router that is connected to the internet with DHCP enabled and it is working properly. At no time during all this was the SDS200 ever connected to the PC over USB. I did update the firmware back on Dec 12th using Sentinel and confirmed the update in the scanner on the information page. So maybe something happened to that update and it did not completely install. So I am wondering why the scanner decided to update again when I changed the LAN settings. I had changed the LAN settings multiple times during this troubleshooting phase with the scanner only reporting the it detected a LAN change and was resetting.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is the scanner connected to a Router or Ethernet Switch and not the computer?
Do you have two routers by any chance?

For a test, can you use a web browser and enter in the scanner IP address in the URL box. This uses TCP just like the audio except the audio is on port scanner port 554 and this test is on port 80.
I entered in 192.168.1.19 and the scanner sent back I am scanner called UB375Z.

{edit}
Disregard above as I see you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.