No audio thru phone using Siren app for android

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5gqb

While I can control the scanner and see the scanning action on my phone, there is just no audio. Scanner and wifi dongle are updated 7.28/1.11.20. This is my first attempt to use the Siren app. Both the 536 and phone are tied into same home wlan network. Other audio apps stream just fine thru the phone's speaker. All volume controls are turned up. Tried uninstall/reinstall Siren app and redid wifi setup on radio, no change. Rebooted phone, no change. Tried headphones w/phone, no change. Made sure my phone wasn't connected to a bluetooth device somewhere by accident. Double checked the "app mute" setting under volume setting and made sure it is not checked. I even tried the "access point mode" wifi and still no audio.
Read thru several posts about the Siren app, saw issues with Apple products or it loosing the stream at some point but nothing regarding android and no sound from the get go. As said, the app works, just no audio.
Any ideas?
Phone is a Note 5

Dbubs

I have the same issue now on my iPhone. Both scanner and iPhone running latest os/firmware. I can see the activity, control scanner functions, but no audio.

The app used to work fine for me (albeit it would freeze/drop out).

I believe it to be the latest iPhone os. The app is no longer compatible. It's been several months if not a year since the app was last updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm running Siren on my Note 5 with no issues. I run it in my truck using the WiFi hotspot function on the phone. Which is some thing you might try to see if you get audio that way. It will cut you home network out of the circuit (so to speak) and allow the scanner and phone to talk directly. If you get audio that way, it's like that the issue is with your home network. If you don't get audio, then the issue is likely to be on your phone.

I don't recall having to do anything special to get audio through my either of my phones.

App mute always defaults to off on restart, so that's not likely your issue.

I'm also running my old Note 3 through my home network with one of my 536 scanners with no issue.

The iPhone app seems to have some issues, but that hasn't seemed to affect the Android app.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This will happen to me from time to time with my iPhone. I'll clear the Siren app, re-start it and reconnect. Audio usually comes back. Sometimes I have to do that a couple of times. Rarely I may have to re-set my iPhone.

Also I found that while I can have Siren running on two different devices at the same time, the audio will only come from one and the other is "deaf".

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure that there is any analogy between Android and iPhone OS. I've read that the iPhone version is fairly buggy, but the Android version seems to be pretty stable.

Dbubs

This will happen to me from time to time with my iPhone. I'll clear the Siren app, re-start it and reconnect. Audio usually comes back. Sometimes I have to do that a couple of times. Rarely I may have to re-set my iPhone.

Also I found that while I can have Siren running on two different devices at the same time, the audio will only come from one and the other is "deaf".

Tried it about 10 or 15 times in a row. Always deaf. I've pretty much given up on the app. I do get this error when it connects.
b6bff6368e0485683a530152bd71cec1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's not the app, there's a conflict of some sort. Or I should say, it's not exclusively the app, there is a conflict somewhere. Whether you can figure that out or not, I don't know.

As I said, I have the a Note 5 and have no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.