HP-1: No audio...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if this issue is related to the other P25 firmware updates etc, or just one of the "regular" problems with the HP1, but I have begun to notice the lack of audio when my unit stops on a TG.

It shows all the info, with steady/strong normal signal but apparently misses many transmissions. My 996xt and PSR800 will be picking up the same transmissions while the HP registers with no audio.

Is this part of the NFM-FM cure? It seems to be a recently developed issue.

Thanks for any input.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I had (have) what sounds like the same issue. Try setting your squelch to "2" and see if that helps any.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Kevin

Is your assumption that it's set too high? I usually have it set at 2.

I'm using it as a secondary base unit for now and the signal is full strength all the time with the stock antenna (so I don't believe it would be the antenna) yet no audio on a lot of transmissions. It will stay on the TG for the entire transmission, as I listen to it on my other units, but nothing is heard.

I had a couple of those instances when I first got it over a year ago but now, since the latest firmware update, (not the trial beta that just went to test) I'm getting a lot more silent stops. And it seems to have started last week even though I've had the latest firmware update since it came out.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Is your assumption that it's set too high? I usually have it set at 2.

I'm using it as a secondary base unit for now and the signal is full strength all the time with the stock antenna (so I don't believe it would be the antenna) yet no audio on a lot of transmissions. It will stay on the TG for the entire transmission, as I listen to it on my other units, but nothing is heard.

I had a couple of those instances when I first got it over a year ago but now, since the latest firmware update, (not the trial beta that just went to test) I'm getting a lot more silent stops. And it seems to have started last week even though I've had the latest firmware update since it came out.

Yes, too high. Even though I have "full bars" a setting above 2 results in no audio on P25 simulcast sites for me, others have reported the same thing.

Your issue may be something different and my suggestion was just that, a suggestion.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Ok, thank you.

Fortunately, I'm only using it for my local trunk system so I'm going to try squelch on 1 and then 0, which I assume would be like holding on a channel.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Ok, thank you.

Fortunately, I'm only using it for my local trunk system so I'm going to try squelch on 1 and then 0, which I assume would be like holding on a channel.

Since you are already at 2 it may not help, but it's still worth a try. Let us know if it helps or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.