BCD396XT/BCD996XT: No bueno "Temp L/O"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Did this involve disconnecting the remote head from the front port of the scanner so you could connect the scanner to a computer?

If so, it might be an issue with the contacts/pins when the remote head was re-connected. Hopefully the contacts/pins on the remote cable are still in place. Sometimes rubbing them with a pencil eraser can clean them up so better contact can be made.

scottyhetzel

Did this involve disconnecting the remote head from the front port of the scanner so you could connect the scanner to a computer?

If so, it might be an issue with the contacts/pins when the remote head was re-connected. Hopefully the contacts/pins on the remote cable are still in place. Sometimes rubbing them with a pencil eraser can clean them up so better contact can be made.

You have to unplug the remote when programming I thought, so yes. But it's plugged in tight. It very strange. I use the erasure trick for years... Thanks for your help

scottyhetzel

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You have to unplug the remote when programming I thought, so yes. But it's plugged in tight. It very strange. I use the erasure trick for years... Thanks for your help

I've unplugged mine several times for programming, versus using the rear port and it ended up being wobbly. It's been since retired in favor of the 536.

There may have been another post or two from someone saying they had a contact/pin issue after removing the RH96 cable.

I'm assuming all other functions appear to be working normally on the RH96 as well as the scanner itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.