• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

No CB activity nearby? Just try this great new app!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmover

Given the amount of Skip the past few weeks it’d be a good time to start with a radio system. AM or Sideband it’s noisy and crowded.

Save the link and others like it. But it’s no substitute.

Getting Heard it’s own problem distinct from Hearing.
More has to go into it.

Busy airwaves may make for confusion, but understanding what’s Skip and what isn’t . . is a VG start.

To that end you must speak.

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
Safari on my I phone wont allow it to run - Besides the lack of a certificate it has other issue's.

Ill stay with my real radio ( Big old Galaxy Saturn ) The fun of Mother Nature and the Total out of control Pig Pile on 38 LSB !

Their SSL certificate is just bad. Not a big deal.

It isn't a "Not a big deal" for me.. Things such as this tells me that attention to detail and extensive testing have a high probability of not being a thing for them and I for one refuse to open myself up to whatever may come with that concerning it (my phone or computer) being interconnected to the internet and my personal privacy and sanity... It is sad that there are a lot of people who either just don't care or are not aware and just allow it... Very bad mistake if you ask me! But hey, it doesn't affect me so do as you please and take that chance...

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
It isn't a "Not a big deal" for me.. Things such as this tells me that attention to detail and extensive testing have a high probability of not being a thing for them and I for one refuse to open myself up to whatever may come with that concerning it (my phone or computer) being interconnected to the internet and my personal privacy and sanity... It is sad that there are a lot of people who either just don't care or are not aware and just allow it... Very bad mistake if you ask me! But hey, it doesn't affect me so do as you please and take that chance...

Then you simply don't understand how SSL certificates work and what they do.

Then you simply don't understand how SSL certificates work and what they do.

Oh my gosh.. Really? Are you friggin kidding me???
IT WAS NOT SIGNED AND I DON'T DO "NOT SIGNED" SSL CERTIFICATES FOR THE REASONS STATED IN THE POST JUST ABOVE YOURS.
Duh..
Man, think before you stick your dirty ass foot in your mouth and remove all doubt about being an idiot...

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Oh my gosh.. Really? Are you friggin kidding me???
IT WAS NOT SIGNED AND I DON'T DO "NOT SIGNED" SSL CERTIFICATES FOR THE REASONS STATED IN THE POST JUST ABOVE YOURS.
Duh..
Man, think before you stick your dirty ass foot in your mouth and remove all doubt about being an idiot...

So...what information are you passing to that website that requires a valid SSL certificate? Oh yeah...none. When it comes to actual encryption of data (which isn't needed for that site anyway), a self-signed certificate is just as good as a purchased one. But again, you don't understand how SSL certificates work. Yes, your browser calls it a potential security risk, but if you understand what is actually going on, you would get that there is no risk at all.

In any event, I have no affiliation with the website, so I won't defend them any longer, nor do I care in the slightest if you use that site or not. Just letting everyone else know that it's not some phishing site or other insecure site. It's simply a bad SSL cert.

So let me put this in a simpler fashion.. You just don't understand the depth of what I mean when I say "attention to detail"... You are focused on one simple little certificate. I happen to look further into it...
I could ask how do you really know that it is, in fact, not a phishing site when you say you are not affiliated with said site... Well let me answer that for you... you cannot... you are just guessing at that point... and I don't happen to follow that misguided information either...
But yet something tells me you won't get this either...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.