No clipboard import with newest EZScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I sent this into the bug report email also but wanted to make sure it isn't just me having a problem.
The newest version of EZScan- Version 2.17 Build 460
I am unable to import anything using the "clipboard" option in the Conventional tab.

Went to an older version and it works fine

milcom_chaser

I sent this into the bug report email also but wanted to make sure it isn't just me having a problem.
I am unable to import anything using the "clipboard" option in the Conventional tab.

Went to an older version and it works fine

Running the latest version here of EZ Scan (Version 3.1 - December 16, 2016) Your version "2.17 Build 460"
Here's a successful capture into EZ Scan via "Clipboard" option...

Attachments

• Clipboard Capture.png
    Clipboard Capture.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 368

Ubbe

I have asked the moderator to open up the bug report thread as it useful to ventilate our bug findings before posting them to Whistler, that might send them out on a wild goose chase. No answer yet (two months ago) but we could start a new "bug or no bug" discussion and evaluate our findings before taking further actions.

/Ubbe

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
I have asked the moderator to open up the bug report thread as it useful to ventilate our bug findings before posting them to Whistler, that might send them out on a wild goose chase. No answer yet (two months ago) but we could start a new "bug or no bug" discussion and evaluate our findings before taking further actions.

/Ubbe

We had originally closed the bug thread and asked people to use the email address because it was becoming very difficult for me to keep up with bugs posted on the thread rather than sent to us via email.
I am all for opening up a bug / no bug thread - to your point this will keep us from needing to evaluate all bugs reported if it is filtered out first here on the forum. Some will indeed come through as a bug and should be reported as such on the email. Some may get solved here on the forum.

Thanks!
WW

BigC801

The EZ-Scann import does not work for me either, I even tried to just use one column ( frequency) and still no dice, pushed import and nothing happens.

I can't figure it out.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
EZScan Clipboard Import

The EZ-Scann import does not work for me either, I even tried to just use one column ( frequency) and still no dice, pushed import and nothing happens.

I can't figure it out.

Yes there is def. a problem with the newest EZScan for that feature. I am using a version back from August and it is working fine as it always did.
I sent a full report to John at Whistler support and I am sure he will verify the problem, although initially he has not been able to duplicate the problem. For now use an older version. But be careful and do not open up your file with a very old version as I did. There was no DMR support with the earlier versions, so all my DMR frequencies did not get loaded into the radio!

milcom_chaser

Yes it captures it from your clipboard, but when you go to import it, the freqs never show up in your list once the box goes away.

It worked for me.
1) Did you scroll down to the bottom of your conventional list to see if they are there?

2) Did you upgrade the EZ Scan software via Updates>Check for PC Application Update?

Here's my import as seen at the bottom of the conventional scanlist, my previous post shows a successful "clipboard capture"

Attachments

• Sucessful Import.jpg
    Sucessful Import.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 275

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
It worked for me.
1) Did you scroll down to the bottom of your conventional list to see if they are there?

2) Did you upgrade the EZ Scan software via Updates>Check for PC Application Update?

Yes and Yes.
I even started with a fresh file where there were no enteries to start with. And yes I have the latest version. That is where the problem started. I already stated my version at the beginning of this thread.
Unless they updated it today with a fix already. I will check later.

milcom_chaser

PS

Did you assign (tell EZ Scan) what your columns represent? Is column 1 an Alpha Tag, is column 2 the frequency, etc. You have to click on the header title above each column which gives you a menu to that.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Did you assign (tell EZ Scan) what your columns represent? Is column 1 an Alpha Tag, is column 2 the frequency, etc. You have to click on the header title above each column which gives you a menu to that.
Yes sir I did
I have been using the software for 2 years with no problems.
I have over 30,000 frequencies in my file
Many of them I brought in through importing from clipboard
A lot were imported from RR directly
I am well aware how to do it, but thank you for trying to help.

milcom_chaser

Yes and Yes.
I even started with a fresh file where there were no enteries to start with. And yes I have the latest version. That is where the problem started. I already stated my version at the beginning of this thread.
Unless they updated it today with a fix already. I will check later.

"Version 2.17 Build 460" This is not the latest version. Unless I'm missing something here?

Check the Version Number from mine:

Attachments

• EZ Scan Version.png
    EZ Scan Version.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 268

milcom_chaser

Which Radio?

All this is about the TRX-1, not sure what radio your using?
Your post doesn't mention it other than your RR name...

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Version 2.17 is the latest version for the 1080/1088 models.

I can confirm that the import from clipboard does not work for me either with 1080/1088 version 2.17.

BigC801

just for info mine is Txr-1 and 2, even just trying to import the Frequencies only with out additional columns and making sure its labeled right when importing it doesn't work.

I just now tried reinstalling EZ-scann and the latest Library.

MichaelBhere

just for info mine is Txr-1 and 2, even just trying to import the Frequencies only with out additional columns and making sure its labeled right when importing it doesn't work.

I just now tried reinstalling EZ-scann and the latest Library.

For the Import, make sure at least the Frequency, Alpha Tag, and Mode columns exist. Import won't work without those columns defined. There doesn't have to be anything in the Alpha Tag or the mode columns, they only need to exist.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
For the Import, make sure at least the Frequency, Alpha Tag, and Mode columns exist. Import won't work without those columns defined. There doesn't have to be anything in the Alpha Tag or the mode columns, they only need to exist.

OK good find. That worked. But I never had to do that before this latest update. Before even if I just imported the frequency column it would take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.