• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

No Connection to MTS 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesheets

All,
I just received a used MTS 2000 that is not programmed. I have the CPS software ver 2.00.01 installed and have connected the radio to my computer with a RIB-less cable. I tried to "Read Device", but it says "Communication with Radio Failed". I have the radio on, but all it does is emit a solid tone and states "Unprogrammed" in the window. What am I doing wrong??
Thanks,
J

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
It could be many different problems:

Incorrect Port (set via the RSS)
Bad Cable
Dirty Contacts on MTS
Bad Software

Good luck!

joesheets

Thanks for the reply, Mike...
How would I check the port if set wrong?
It is a brand new cable
I will clean the contacts and see if that helps.
Joe
KJ4LZM

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The radio could also have old firmware which is only programmable with DOS RSS, not CPS.

joesheets

I finally got the radio to read by switching to an XP machine from a Windows 7. It now says "Codeplug Too New for this Application". From the service menu on the radio, I gathered that the radio is R05.41
I am running ver R20.00.01 of the CPS...what is the current version?
Thanks,
Joe

clanusb

R02.03.00 is the latest, its what i have. And CPS will not work on windows 7 or vista in XP compatibility mode, it has to be true XP.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
My MOL account only lists R02.02.00 as current. MOL will routinely send downloadable updates to the software, which is probably what clanusb has. What will happen is once you buy R02.02.00, then R02.03.00 will become available for download on MOL. They will only send out disks on major revisions.

Item Number. RVN4176U
CPS R02.02.00 MTS2000
Unit of Measure: 1 EA
$279.00

OK...Thanks...Looks like I will contact MOT tomorrow...do you have the model # of the software?
Thanks,
joe

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
No problem.

You'll also get updates to the CPS for 3 years. Not really an issue on an older radio like that, but if you were to buy a newer software package like the APX7000 CPS, then you'd get all of the updates as they add new features, fix bugs, etc.

Just an FYI.

joesheets

My MOL account only lists R02.02.00 as current. MOL will routinely send downloadable updates to the software, which is probably what clanusb has. What will happen is once you buy R02.02.00, then R02.03.00 will become available for download on MOL. They will only send out disks on major revisions.

Item Number. RVN4176U
CPS R02.02.00 MTS2000
Unit of Measure: 1 EA
$279.00

Where on the Moto Online site is this software? I did a search and couldnt find it.
Thanks,
Joe

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Where on the Moto Online site is this software? I did a search and couldnt find it.
Thanks,
Joe

Log on to MOL, click "Buying Center" at the top left, then select "Search Catalog". Once the screen loads, type in "RVN4176U" into the "Search by model number or part number" entry field and click "Search". Once the item appears, you can select "Details" to find out your price for it...lol Everyone's price differs.

Status
Not open for further replies.