No Database Update since 7/6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daves1243

Premium Subscriber
Trying to update the BCDx36HP Sentinel database, and it says no update available. My database is dated 7/6.

Is everyone else seeing the same thing? I thought there were supposed to be weekly updates.

JamesO

Yep, 7/13/14.

Uniden shut their servers down a few days ago due to a power outage, so not sure when you last attempted to update.

daves1243

Premium Subscriber
I attempted to update several times this evening. It's not saying no connection, or server not available, it says "This version of the database is the current version" and at the bottom of the screen it says the database version is 7/6/2014.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Interesting. I got an update on my laptop for both the HP1 and the x36 on Monday. Tonight after reading this thread I tried to update both programs on my desktop machine, and the HP1 software is updating, but the x36 software is behaving the same as you described - thinking 7/6 is the latest update.

UPMan? Did the 7/13 DB get wiped out?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I got an update on my laptop for both the HP1 and the x36 on Monday. Tonight after reading this thread I tried to update both programs on my desktop machine, and the HP1 software is updating, but the x36 software is behaving the same as you described - thinking 7/6 is the latest update.

UPMan? Did the 7/13 DB get wiped out?

I have seen that before Jay,

each version of Sentinel has a different "latest" update date.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I have seen that before Jay,

each version of Sentinel has a different "latest" update date.

Not usually, no. And the thread linked from June has nothing to do with this.

As I said, I updated both versions on Monday on my laptop and both had 7/13 database dates.

I didn't bother updating my desktop until I saw this thread, and when I tried it tonight, the HP1 software got a 7/13 update, but the x36 software said that its existing 7/6 database was the most current.

Some time in between Monday (or more likely Tuesday, considering the post from mule1075 above) and today, it appears the 7/13 database went AWOL from the x36 ftp site.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For some reason, the ftp autorun that copies the latest database from the development server to the production server died mid-process. I've restored the latest dB (and had run a special last night, so latest HP-1 dB is 7-17-2014).

Jay911

Feed Provider
Status
Not open for further replies.