No decoded audio with DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio device #2 is used for a live scanner feed.

This is probably your problem. If you have the audio feed from the scanner coming in on Device #2, then you need to select it in DSD. It looks like you are currently using Device #1 as your input into DSD
see how DSD says " audio device #1 input AU-1EX initialized" ? your input needs to be set to device #2

run this command instead:

DSD -i2 -fa

this means DSD use input #2 and decode all protocols

w4rtt

This is probably your problem. If you have the audio feed from the scanner coming in on Device #2, then you need to select it in DSD. It looks like you are currently using Device #1 as your input into DSD
see how DSD says " audio device #1 input AU-1EX initialized" ? your input needs to be set to device #2

run this command instead:

DSD -i2 -fa

this means DSD use input #2 and decode all protocols

Device #2 is exclusively for the live scanner input, not the feed into DSD. Device #1 is used successfully for all my other decoding and recording uses.

Last edited:

RonnieUSA

You are going from the Radio to the line-in input of the USB Sound Card Correct?
Do You have your speakers plugged into the same usb sound card, if not your not gonna hear anything.

w4rtt

You are going from the Radio to the line-in input of the USB Sound Card Correct?

Correct.

Do You have your speakers plugged into the same usb sound card, if not your not gonna hear anything.

Yes. This is the same decoding setup that I have been using for years with other applications.

sounds like you are pretty knowledgeable, is it possible that the signal you have tuned to is not really P25 Phase I?
also, are you using the latest version of DSD+?

It may be worthwhile for you to get a $10 dongle, make sure it works, then hook up to the scanner instead
otherwise, i'm afraid i'm out of suggestions myself....

lastly, " This program requires lame_enc.dl" . do you have the lame encoder file in your DSD folder?

Last edited:

airforceflyr

Fwiw I gave up on trying to get my 8500 to play nice with DSD+ decoding . Switched to a dongle instead with good results

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

w4rtt

OK, DSDPlus doesn't like the Ederol sound card. Switched machines, one with an old Soundblaster card and things are working OK.

mmisk

audio to .wav file

It looks like you are sending the decoded audio to a wave file instead of to your sound output.

"appending synthesized audio to file 'DSDplus.wav'

w4rtt

It looks like you are sending the decoded audio to a wave file instead of to your sound output.

"appending synthesized audio to file 'DSDplus.wav'

I believe it does this automatically. I am getting decodes now with this showing.

mmisk

DSDPlus doesn't like the Ederol sound card

That is so interesting about your sound card. I forgot that years ago I had the same problem. DSD would not decode very well on my main computer, but worked well on any other computer I tried. I changed the sound card to an old sound blaster, and problem solved. I also added a second sound card so that I could listen to signals I found using an SDR dongle, and also decode signals at the same time by sending the output of DSD to card 2.

coolderb

That is so interesting about your sound card. I forgot that years ago I had the same problem. DSD would not decode very well on my main computer, but worked well on any other computer I tried. I changed the sound card to an old sound blaster, and problem solved. I also added a second sound card so that I could listen to signals I found using an SDR dongle, and also decode signals at the same time by sending the output of DSD to card 2.

I have had really good results with DSD and the Griffin iMic USB sound dongles.

joeuser

The Wretched
I listen to KSICS trunked P25P1 with NooElec 820T's using Unitrunker (Latest version), DSD+ (Only one version) & I'm having excellent results. I also use the free VB audio to pipe the signals around. Don't even need SDR# anymore - which makes everything SO MUCH EASIER

Status
Not open for further replies.