No digital frequency reception for Liberty, IN (Union County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbjr14

Premium Subscriber
For some reason I am not hearing Liberty, IN (Union County) Digital Frequencies. I have checked the frequencies with database, I have the correct frequencies. Have gone so far as to reprogram scanner and add other towers to see if one of them will pick up. I get analog frequencies, but nothing digital. Have they gone encrypted or to phase II? Have 2 other scanners, they get nothing either, so I do not think it is a scanner problem.

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
For some reason I am not hearing Liberty, IN (Union County) Digital Frequencies. I have checked the frequencies with database, I have the correct frequencies. Have gone so far as to reprogram scanner and add other towers to see if one of them will pick up. I get analog frequencies, but nothing digital. Have they gone encrypted or to phase II? Have 2 other scanners, they get nothing either, so I do not think it is a scanner problem.
Union County still uses their analog frequencies of 154.7475 and 155,160 as their primary. I have heard them on SAFE-T but it is very limited.

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you say digital frequencies, do you mean talkgroups on the SAFE-T trunked system? There are no sites listed in the database for Union County. The closest site to Liberty is Connersville in Fayette County. What scanner and programming software are you using?

west-pac

Liberty's fire TAC freq is licensed for P25. Union county has various TG's on SAFE-T, but nothing labeled as "Liberty", although that doesn't mean Liberty doesn't use them. There is not a SAFE-T tower in Union county, so it's likely covered by Richmond (to the north), Connersville (to the west), and Brookville (to the south). I'd try to program whichever one is closest to you.

lbjr14

Premium Subscriber
I have tried programming all 3 towers from Brookville, Richmond and Connersville since Union County does not have a tower, neither seems to be picking up anything on the Safe-T Network. Union County Dispatch on 154.7475 is talking on analog, but not getting anything in Digital Safe-T. Have tried on Radio Shack Pro-197, Uniden Home Patrol I, Uniden BCD996XT, and Radio Shack Pro-106. All are Phase I Capable and were picking it up in the past. I have no problems picking up Wayne County Digital Frequencies so I know the scanners are good. Using Butel Software.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please attach your programming files so that I can take a look. I have the Butel software for all of your scanners. You will need to right click on the files and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach them. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folders.

west-pac

I have no problems picking up Wayne County Digital Frequencies so I know the scanners are good. Using Butel Software.

Since you can receive the Richmond site, that leads me to believe it's either a pregaming issue, or it's a good possibility that Union county doesn't use SAFE-T.

FWIW, that Brookville site has good coverage as well. I've received that site on I-70 near the state line.

lbjr14

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I am in Centerville, IN. Have been programming these for several years. I usually have no problems hearing them, but lately it seems like things have been a little too quiet. My problem is, I just do not get to listen to it as much as I once did. KC8GJH you may be right, they may just not be using it very much.
Tvengr, I will see what I can do.

lbjr14

Premium Subscriber
Tvengr, it took me a while but I got it. See what you think.

Attachments

• Union County Test.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 1

tvengr

Well Known Member
One thing I found that you had Multi-Site set to Roam. If set to Roam, the scanner will look for the best signal and stay on that site, which in your case would be Richmond. If the sheriff is affiliating with the Connersville site, you probably would not hear it. I created 2 files. The first one has the Richmond, Connersville, and Brookville sites in a single system with Multi-Site set to Stationary. If set to Stationary, it will scan all 3 sites if within range. Scan Lists for the first fille:
1. Union Fire Trunk
2. Union Law Trunk
3. Union Fire Conv
4. Union Law Conv
5. Union Misc Conv
The second file is organized by site. I have 3 systems with each system using a single site. You will be able to see which talkgroups are being received on each site by selecting scan lists. I don't know if the Brookville site will be within range. Scan lists for the second file:
1. SAFE-T Richmond
2. SAFE-T Connersvl
3. SAFE-T Brookvlle
4. Union Co Conv
Save the attached zipped files to your computer and extract. Open the extracted files with ARC500 and Upload to Scanner. Try both files one at a time to see which one works best for you. Turn up the squelch just enough to quiet the conventional frequencies.

Attachments

• Union Co IN GR5.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Union Co IN Site GR5.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.