No Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblacker

Premium Subscriber
I have factory reset my Uniden BCD436HP and used the Sentinel software to add favorites. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Sentinel software to see if there was an issue with it. The scanner will not scan any digital frequencies. I made sure the systems I want to scan are on. It was working fine until I tried to add more favorites, then it just stopped picking up anything that isn't conventional (which no one uses anymore). I made sure the firmware and database are current and up to date. I've had the scanner about a month and I'm really not very happy. It is almost like they want to make these so hardy to program you have to pay them to do it! Any help would be appreciated.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Are you using favorite list quick keys? And then are all the favorite lists you expect to be active really active? Have you reviewed services to ensure they match your expectations?

Did it ever scan digital frequencies? What changes/updates have you made since then?

jblacker

Premium Subscriber
Are you using favorite list quick keys? And then are all the favorite lists you expect to be active really active? Have you reviewed services to ensure the match your expectations?

Did it ever scan digital frequencies?
I don't use the quick keys. I never got that far into learning about them. It used to scan digital frequencies. I live in St. Clair County, Michigan and until last night when I tried to add more favorites, it did pick up digital frequencies. I could also hear digital frequencies from other counties. It just stopped. Thank you.

ScubaJungle

Can you post a picture?
If you go to custom search, and type in a frequency of a channel you know is active and digital, nothing happens? I would try to do this to at least confirm it is not an issue with the software/hardware. If it works, then something is wrong with the way youre setting up the FLs

jblacker

Premium Subscriber
When I let it scan all of the database within 50 miles, I do get digital. So I must have screwed something up with my favorites. I followed the instructions using the Sentinel software, but I am not scanning digital when I use my favorites as opposed to using the entire database. I long for the days of banks and channels. Any suggestions? Thank you.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you get digital "stuff" when scanning the full database, but do not when scanning just Favorites Lists, it is almost surely a programming issue with the Favorites List.

As electronic things move along, they become more complicated and any one little thing can be problematic. Look at iPhones as compared to the original "brick" cell phone. Scanners are the same.

It's just a learning curve we have to get past. Every new person has made mistakes and found out corrections.

If you would like to post a problematic Favorites List, please export it to an HPE file and attach it to a message. I'll be happy to see if I can figure out what is going on. Just be sure to include which system you are hoping to monitor along with county and state so I can see what should be there.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Check to see if you have location control activated on one or more of your FLs, then check to see what location (coordinates or zip code) you have in your profile. Like you said, it seems like it would be FL (and/or profile) related.

jblacker

Premium Subscriber
It's quite an extensive list, but that would awesome. I've scanners since I was 13 (I'm 56), but the newer stuff really confuses me. Any opinion on the ARC536PRO Software?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
All of the software packages are decent, including ARC. I'd suggest being you are fairly grounded with Sentinel however as that is what's needed to update firmware and full database things. Also for profile creation and modification.

Being honest I was that lost ball in high weeds when I first stated dealing with Favorites Lists and the like. Working through errors and stuff going wrong, I learned quite a bit. I'm sure that's the typical story for many users.

jblacker

Premium Subscriber
Check to see if you have location control activated on one or more of your FLs, then check to see what location (coordinates or zip code) you have in your profile. Like you said, it seems like it would be FL (and/or profile) related.

I can't figure out how to export the list in HPE format. Thank you for your help. Frustrated beyond belief with this. I'm ready to ask for a refund!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I can't figure out how to export the list in HPE format. Thank you for your help. Frustrated beyond belief with this. I'm ready to ask for a refund!

From the Sentinel tool bar....

File ---> Export to HPE file

tvengr

Well Known Member
In your profile, Download and Monitor have to be turned on for each favorites list you want to send to the scanner. Fifty miles is too far for the range. Reduce it to 5 miles. You are missing transmissions by scanning sites out of range. All of the appropriate services types have to be turned on in the profile also. To Export hpe file, go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file. Select the favorites list. Click on OK. Click on OK again to export all systems. Right click on the exported file and send to a compressed (zipped) folder. Click on Attach Files and open the zipped folder to attach it..

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Attaching an *.hpe file to a post

Use Sentinel to "read from scanner" if you have made changes on the scanner that were not also made in Sentinel. If nothing was changed only on the scanner, proceed to the next step.
Click on the drop-down File menu.

Select export the resulting Favorites list(s) into an *.hpe file.

Sentinel will ask you to select the list to export, and then you can choose whether to export all of the systems, or select only the ones to include.

Then, attach that to a post and upload so that we can take a peek & see if anything is out of place. The Export function is listed under the File drop-down menu. If you have more than one list, export each Favorites list separately.

Note: To upload an *.hpe file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your exported *.hpe file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.

In Windows Explorer, <right> <click> on the exported *.hpe file.
From the pop-up menu that appears, select Send to
Then, in the list of choices of where to send, choose Compressed (zipped) folder

You can then attach the zipped hpe file to a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.