No Display ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazcarly

Hey Guys
Turned my BC785D on tonight and all I get is a orange display.....It is working but no display????? IDEAS?????
Matt

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Try turning it off and on once,if that doesn't work then its probably broke.

bkantor

From another thread on this subject:

"There is a flex ribbon cable from the display to the main board inside, you need to remove power and pull the cover off, remove and reseat that cable a few times, should clear it right up, for a while"

Good luck!

bkantor

Another tip from the same thread:
"Oh and FYI if it keeps dying like that use a pencil eraser and gently rub the contacts on the cable to clean them and work it in and out of the jack a few times and then clean the cable again to remove anything it pulled off the jack pins. You can also use stuff like contact cleaner or de-oxit that leaves a protective film but i don't think its corrosion so much as it is coming loose over time. I have seen a lot of the 780, 785, 796 models with this problem after being used mobile, but even one at home on a desk that gets bumped a few times a day seems to suffer from it. In one extreme case i used a bit of hot melt glue to keep it in tight after cleaning."

mule1075

Feed Provider
Last edited:

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I don't even have this kind of radio,but I sure did learn a few things about it from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.