No DSDPlus Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo695

Hi folks. Just got a faster machine so I downloaded DSD Plus. The machine has no Line In so I bought an external adapter, and via the Mic In all the data gets into the DSD program and appears on the screens.

But I can't get any audio no matter what I do. I copied rtldsd.dll and liusb-1.0.dll into the DSD file folder but still nothing. Do I need to download another program like SDR# to get any audio out? Any suggestions please?

Other programs like You Tube have no audio problems.

Thanks to all!!

frazpo

When you start dsd does it indicate your options for sound output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo695

Thanks for the fast reply. Where would it indicate this? I have an audio screen (the line that modulates with the signal) but it doesn't give me any options or ask me anything.

frazpo

dsd audio settings

When you first start DSDPlus up you should see this,,,,

Attachments

• audio.jpg
    audio.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,091

Jimbo695

Natedawg1604: scanner (WS 1080). Frazpo: audio output 1 reads speakers USB sound device. 2 reads CABLE input VB Audio virtual C. 3 reads speaker/HP Realtek High Defini.

Thanks guys!

frazpo

does it indicate what it is defaulting to? It should indicate that underneath the options (what you typed the options were?

M105

Since DSD+ defaults to output 1, and if that is your speakers, you should be hearing its output on your speakers provided they are not muted or turned all the way down in volume.

So are you seeing unencrypted voice frames scrolling by in the DSD window? If you are simply monitoring the control channel on a trunked system you will hear nothing but see lots of activity in the windows. You must be listening to an active, unencrypted, digital voice channel to hear audio.

Maybe tell us more about what you are listening to and your setup. Using dongles? More than one dongle? Tapped scanner? Listening to P25, NXDN, DMR, etc.?

frazpo

It appears output #1 is his USB soundcard that he purchased for his "line in". This would not give him audio unless he had speakers connected to it. I think he needs output #3 for DSD audio.

Jimbo695

Screen indicates output device 1 speakers USB sound device initialized

M105: I know my speakers are working because I get other audio out of them like a You Tube video. I also understand that I won't get audio unless the signal is carrying some, so in addition to NXDN I also tuned in an active DMR frequency for a local 440 repeater and saw code and slot indications, obviously a conversation in progress. No audio.

Thanks, all!!

frazpo

am I correct in assuming you have a usb soundcard? If so plug your speakers into the line out and see if you hear audio. Considering everything else is setup correctly.

Jimbo695

Yes. Just before your last message hit, I plugged a headset into the line out - on my unit its called front out - and tested the speaker selection. (In addition to USB sound device I also show Speaker HP Realtek and CABLE input, both of which I disabled). The test sound came through the headset. What makes fixing this harder is that there is very little DMR, NXDN or even P25 action around here.

frazpo

OK, This is getting hard to follow. Can you see radio traffic being decoded on your screen in DSD?

Does your USB soundcard have a line out? This is where DSD is sending decoded audio to.

Jimbo695

Yes traffic is being decoded and yes the card has a line out. That's the line that I got the test tones out of. So thevUSB speaker is working and sound is coming out the cards line out port.

frazpo

OK, so you got decoded audio out of the usb line out? But you want it to go to computer speakers?

Jimbo695

You know, I may have it. It occurred to me that if I use a USB card then I'm NOT going to get audio out of the computers speakers, am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.