No Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Without consulting anything but your mind, please tell me the connection between an actress and the onset of channel hopping/encryption. I did not know this one myself.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I believe it was Hedy Lamarr (sp?) that co-invented a form of frequency hopping spread spectrum.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Kevin C, I am impressed. I could not believe the incredible story. It was shown on Breakthrough: The Ideas that Changed the World. Thanks for your participation. She was an amazing woman. There were other amazing accomplishments she was credited with, but that is beyond the scope of this thread.

K4EET

Chaplain
Hedy Lamarr was an actress??? Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! I knew her as an inventor like Kevin stated. But I never knew that part of the story. Wow! Who said you can't teach an old dog, err... monkey, new tricks? I learned something tonight. Thanks Ensnared and KevinC! Dave

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hedy Lamarr was an actress??? Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! I knew her as an inventor like Kevin stated. But I never knew that part of the story. Wow! Who said you can't teach an old dog, err... monkey, new tricks? I learned something tonight. Thanks Ensnared and KevinC! Dave
Hahaha :p :ROFLMAO:

Good ol Hedwig. Mother of Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth.

And a bombshell, Ecstasy, Samson and Delilah, Dishonored woman and White cargo to name a few, what a Hotsy totsy she was.

Her father influenced her in science and machinery and her mother... Piano, Opera and the Arts, she was also influenced by her close friendship with Howard Hughes and his efforts to contribute to the Second World War. Although her torpedo guidance system was never adopted by the military she eventually got her acknowledgement in the 90s before she died in 2000.

Quite a gal. Yowza.

PS... That was not Google by the way, I always liked Hedy Lamarr, terrific story I became aware of years back. Interesting thread, I'm glad I saw it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.