No included user's guide for the BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

richk107

I just picked up my 536 at Ham Radio Outlet while on a business trip in Portland, OR. When I opened the box later I was surprised to find that there was no users manual, just a piece of cardboard in a bag, same was shown in the unboxing video UPMan post some time ago. BCD536HP Unboxing - YouTube

Are the manuals still not ready, as mentioned in the video, or did I somehow receive a pre-production model?

Rich

AC2OY

Really?!! No mine had a Manual in the box...wait let me go get and take a quick picture for you!!! Oops sorry but you get the idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 538

richk107

So now the question is, how to get the printed manual. I know the PDF is available but I would still rather have the paper version.

Rich

Dewey

So now the question is, how to get the printed manual. I know the PDF is available but I would still rather have the paper version.

Rich

I would say more importantly, see if you can get to a HRO near you (if you're not still in Portland) and tell them that they sold you a previously opened package.

1Partsman

Rich....I am not trying to be smart about it, but go through the box again, mine was tucked away where I did not see it at first....

John

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I agree, but if you go to page 53 all the boxes are empty or blank.

Does it look that way on your computer too?

Looks that way on my computer too. In addition, Adobe Reader complained that there was an error in the document when I got to that page the first time. Paul, you may want to take a look and update the PDF if you're seeing the same thing as I am (see attached image - the red arrows were added by me).

-AZ

Attachments

• manual error.png
    manual error.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 452

richk107

I have no HRO in my home state of NJ and I'm already making my way back to the east coast. The box I received was white, as well as the others 4 or 5 other 536s they had in stock.

I don't believe it was a return because all the taped seals were still in place.

Rich

nategb

Premium Subscriber
I know some people like to have a printed manual but:
- The included manual is useless IMO because it is most likely not up to date and full of errors.
- You can search a PDF and find the answers or topic faster than printed version
- Printed version is still good to have for backup but most likely not needed

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I don't find the included manual "useless", on the contrary. If you need a quick guide and don't want to go to the PC/tablet to look something up on the PDF, then it's a great idea. Don't forget many folks complained when it wasn't included on the previous HP and XT models.

As a bonus on the PDF however, the quick jump from the TOC to the paragraph needed is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.