No information on my own repeater!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

I just started working on a Ranch that has it's own repeater and a number of ft-250's working on it. I just acquired 2 more ft-250's but can get them to work on the frequency (all other "handies" work perfectly). I went through many guides but can figure it out.

My ft is on "b" and when I dial the frequency and then PPT I get "ERR".

Some info: All I know about my own repeater is it's frequecy (I read of the ft's display). THAT's ALL MY INFO.

The guy who installed it passed away!

Do I have a chance at solving this?

Thanks!
J.

N8IAA

Hello everybody,

I just started working on a Ranch that has it's own repeater and a number of ft-250's working on it. I just acquired 2 more ft-250's but can get them to work on the frequency (all other "handies" work perfectly). I went through many guides but can figure it out.

My ft is on "b" and when I dial the frequency and then PPT I get "ERR".

Some info: All I know about my own repeater is it's frequecy (I read of the ft's display). THAT's ALL MY INFO.

The guy who installed it passed away!

Do I have a chance at solving this?

Thanks!
J.

I'm going to take a wild guess that the frequencies are not in the ham radio band:eek: I'm going to guess that they are in the 150-160MHz range. The FT-250 does not transmit on those frequencies. The ERR message means that the radio is operating as it was intended to do.
Larry

JnglMassiv

I'm going to guess that they are in the 150-160MHz range. The FT-250 does not transmit on those frequencies.
In other words, the repeater is likely (hopefully) using a commercial pair of frequencies and your FT-250's are factory limited to the amateur 2 meter band.
It is likely that the prior radio admin performed a 'wideband' mod on the existing talkies which allows them to be used in this unlawful manner. I'm sorry to say that this also frankly calls into question the attention paid to licensing obligations with regard to the commercial channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.