No KSP Tower in Hopkins Co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JArnett

I live in the center of Madisonville and I find it funny I can barley listen to Madisonville Post 2. The Hopkins Co tower seems to be dead, 460.0625 All i get is a constant digital sound. 460.0625 used to work a year or so ago now it does not? the nearest tower I can some what get is from Sacramento-McLean County Transmitter which is not much mostly motoboat noice and maybe 1 bar

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Every now and then a KSP tower/transmitter goes bad. I remember a while back the Fairgrounds tower for 4B was down for several weeks. Fortunately I've got an outside antenna where I can pull in transmissions from other towers on 4B (Shepherdsville, Meade County).

With digital, the number of bars doesn't mean much - you either have decent signal or you don't. I can also hear the LaGrange transmitter (5B) quite well, but I do not see any signal strength bars.

I presume you've checked all antenna connections and everything you monitor is without issue?

mastr

Your related post here- https://forums.radioreference.com/2754990-post1.html tells the rest of the story.

My guess is that you are using a handheld receiver with a relatively low gain antenna from inside a structure at a considerable distance from the subject transmitter(s). To me, your results (or lack thereof) are not unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.