No listing for Little Compton Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAYCO

The listing is not in Newport County up to date listing. The listing in ri freq's is 5 to 8 years old, and is not used any more. It is not trunked or digital . The police are dig. and trunked, not the fire. So what is the fire freq. and why is it not listed. and how do i get it thanks .... Mayco.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The listing is not in Newport County up to date listing. The listing in ri freq's is 5 to 8 years old, and is not used any more. It is not trunked or digital . The police are dig. and trunked, not the fire. So what is the fire freq. and why is it not listed. and how do i get it thanks .... Mayco.

The RadioReference DB relies upon confirmed submissions by the readers of RR. If you feel a specific database area is not up to date, then by all means to go your county page in the DB, click on "Submit" and submit all of the information you have confirmed for your county so that it can be added to the DB.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Incidentally, the RRDB does list a fire frequency for Little Compton:

Newport County, Rhode Island (RI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

WPYD940 - a Little Compton fire license

WPNQ986 - a Little Compton Police license

WPVR599 - another Little Compton police license

If you know for a fact that the Police are digital and trunked and that the fire is not, then maybe the Fire Department has taken over the previous UHF frequencies that the police where on?

At any rate, for conventional public safety frequencies in Little Compton, try the frequencies on those licenses.

Mike

MAYCO

Thanks for the come backs on my post. I put 453.4875 on my regular scanner and it worked, The freq. that is trunked is between the police and fire. Thanks again.

georgew0819

Little Compton PD & FD

Thanks for the come backs on my post. I put 453.4875 on my regular scanner and it worked, The freq. that is trunked is between the police and fire. Thanks again.

It's possible they may be transmitting on both the UHF and RISCON Network as I have them on the Newport County Feed on this site at TGP's 1264 & 1266.

Status
Not open for further replies.