No longer hearing Oakdale PD.

Papa-Bill

I have all of Oakdale's freq's in my bcd996P2
And enjoyed listening to it when they went digital, but now I hear nothing, once in a blue moon I might hear a squak for like a millisecond but nothing else.
Anyone know if the4y changed freq's and its not registered yet or did they finally take the dive and switch over to Stan 911.
thanx!

KG7PBS

I have all of Oakdale's freq's in my bcd996P2
And enjoyed listening to it when they went digital, but now I hear nothing, once in a blue moon I might hear a squak for like a millisecond but nothing else.
Anyone know if the4y changed freq's and its not registered yet or did they finally take the dive and switch over to Stan 911.
thanx!

Listen to their frequency in analog mode tell me if you hear a chirp at the end of the digital squawk.
If you hear said little chirp or beep that means they're running encryption. That's a tone tell the radio to quit d crypting the audio

Papa-Bill

The only
Listen to their frequency in analog mode tell me if you hear a chirp at the end of the digital squawk.
If you hear said little chirp or beep that means they're running encryption. That's a tone tell the radio to quit d crypting the audio
The only thing I hear is the same even in analog The freq 153.8225 just throws 1 sec of static. Like you hear when you turn down the squelch.
Just now on their original channel it sounds like they are talking on a side band, if you ever listened to a CB and hear sidebanders talking off their channel thats the sound. but its like quick squelches
That channel is 158.760, it wasnt working when i tried analog but can hear it again on digital

Papa-Bill

I hope this upload works but here's a copy of the audio coming from their Channel 2 which wasn't working in analog anymore and is now digital.
Its a M4a file zipped.

Attachments

• Oakdale pd.zip
    556.2 KB · Views: 26

KG7PBS

I hope this upload works but here's a copy of the audio coming from their Channel 2 which wasn't working in analog anymore and is now digital.
Its a M4a file zipped.
Sorry I can't open the file. My phone won't let me. So I am going to say maybe they went Encrypted that's why you can't hear them on the scanner. You mentioned it sounded like they're working in sideband on CB. That could be running voice and version analog encryption. Which has that weird Donald duck sounding voice they can't really understand. Sorry I can't be much of a help. If I can get down that far I will see what I hear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa-Bill

Ok to help with figuring this out, I can hear them first talk like they would say 10-4 then everything sounds like its being compressed and micro bursted across the air.
sometimes it just sounds like they are being compressed and sent high speed microburst.
Yea sounds crazy.
Hope someone can listen to the file, if theres a way to send it up here without zipiing it please let me know.

Papa-Bill

Ok I got the sound clip onto youtube.
I know its not scrambled so I don't know what they are doing.
But now when they talk its just static.
Maybe they changed freqs and I am off.
but any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED
thanx all.

gtaman

Ok I got the sound clip onto youtube.
I know its not scrambled so I don't know what they are doing.
But now when they talk its just static.
Maybe they changed freqs and I am off.
but any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED
thanx all.

Program as P25 only not mixed mode. Also sounds like they are encrypted now. When you program mixed mode the scanner will switch between analog and digital in poor signal events.

OK2AVS

Dobrý den, po poslechu usuzuji, že se jedná o šifrování ENC, kanál přijímá šifrovaný hlas !!

Hello, after listening I conclude that it is ENC encryption, the channel receives encrypted voice !!

Last edited by a moderator:

officer_415

Database Admin
I have Stanislaus County in my watch list. It was flagged as being changed. Why are the lines with the changes not highlighted (in green the first day)?

Changing the encryption setting doesn't trigger the highlighting (not sure why, it's just a global DB setting).

BMNY319

Feed Provider
Is it potentially possible that one of the upgrades to a uniden scanner (ie. Provoice, DMR, NXDN) would make it to where the radio would not come through encrypted, I don’t know what physical communications system they’re actually using so it’s a shot in the dark

N6ML

Is it potentially possible that one of the upgrades to a uniden scanner (ie. Provoice, DMR, NXDN) would make it to where the radio would not come through encrypted, I don’t know what physical communications system they’re actually using so it’s a shot in the dark

No. Encryption is a mechanism where the data gets encoded using a mathemetical algorithm such that it can only be decoded (decrypted) by a unit that holds a specific cryptographic key (a piece of data that you and I don't have access to). The whole point of it is to prevent unuathorised parties (like us) from being able to decode the data. It has nothing to do with scanner support for other digital modes.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
They're probably using voice inversion encryption.

Voice inversion is not encryption. It merely turns all the high signals into low and vice versa. I have a 30+ year speaker that deciphers voice inversion quite easily. You just have to turn a dial to get the voices to sound just right. I made pen marks on the dial for the 2 agencies that used it in my remote part of the state. I then had to turn the dial depending on which agency I wanted to hear. Fortunately, just one of the agencies transmitted on a frequent basis. There obviously isn't anything similar like this for encryption.