No longer providing Las Cruces Police channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

OG Member
Premium Subscriber
If RR would only make the feeds available to premium subscribers, it would weed out all but the true hobbyists. If you're in LC just get a scanner. People that are stuck with Pro Voice systems Like Albuquerque have to use a feed unless they have a PV radio. These feeds were designed for radio and scanning hobbyists and they have become, I suspect for monetary reasons, commonplace to anyone with a smart phone. Roll the feeds back to premium subscribers only.

ikillthelight

ebiz911 -- I am looking for a little help. I work for the newspaper in town and I have a few questions maybe you could help me with. Obviously scanner help. I dont know how this forum works, is there a way to message users? If so can u write me plz? Thanks! -R

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
ebiz911 -- I am looking for a little help. I work for the newspaper in town and I have a few questions maybe you could help me with. Obviously scanner help. I dont know how this forum works, is there a way to message users? If so can u write me plz? Thanks! -R

You can send messages to people on here if you have and they have chosen to allow messages which you have not. If you want send me an email and I might be able to answer some questions for you

ikillthelight

You can send messages to people on here if you have and they have chosen to allow messages which you have not. If you want send me an email and I might be able to answer some questions for you
Where do I do that.. ill look now. I would love some help so i wanna fix that ASAP

ebiz911

tried to send you a private message but unable to. private message me if you still need ne to try to answer your ??

ScannaMan9

Buy your own scanner if you feel you must hear these things. Better yet, buy a scanner and put the feed back up if you feel this is a necessity to the citizens.
Have
Lindsay Blanton has stated he does not allow feeds with an additional delay on his platform.
You
Thank you for doing the right thing!
Heard of multi-quote? (No offense)

You made the right call. You should be awarded the:
Radioreference Live Audio Award for providing safety of others, and possibly preventing crime.

CC1309

I provide the Las Cruces feed and I have decided not to provide the police channels anymore. The reason why I have decided this is because of no delay in place for the cell phone app users. The last few nights, I have heard officers talking on I-CALL that too many "bad guys" are using the feed for all the wrong reasons. They had a chase the other night and when it was over, I heard the officers say that the guy was listening on his cell phone during the whole pursuit where they were setting up spike strips and simply went another direction. The officer's safety is too important to me to put them in danger. I am sure that another provider will soon come online and provide the Las Cruces police channels again. I would also be happy to provide the channels again if some kind of delay was in place for all mobile users. I know the feed will not be as busy as before but Las Cruces Fire is a very busy fire department that responds to all fire and ems calls as well as all traffic accidents in and close to the city. Thank you for listening in the past and understanding why I am no longer scanning Las Cruses police channels.

That's the same reason I pulled the Hobbs feed down. I have several friends on the force and their lives were getting into jeopardy from the "bad" guys. One officer told me the worst feeling he ever got is when he was arresting someone and a minute after he said he had the guy in custody, he heard himself coming out of the guy's back pocket. I applaud you for helping protect the men and women in the line of duty.

SCPD

QRT
Because when the officers finally arrested him, he had his phone. The app was running, They were able to key up and see several talk groups on it rx'ing. This has been a issue lately in southern New Mexico with officers talking about encryption, Many are starting to get there upgrades with encryption built in, some des some adp. Lately the smaller towns are playing with it on and off primary and alt channels. But it is a talk since the small towns the criminals in southern NM do monitor. They realize good people listen too and report suspects running to bolo's given out. But it just takes one to ruin it for everyone if officer safety comes into play. Several persons busted for warrents in Roswell, Hobbs, Deming have been caught with the app running.

SCPD

QRT
This has been the same talk with Alamogordo cops regarding the feed there, One example is a officer was sent to a distrubance or public disorder call. He heard numerous gang members phones echoing the app when he and other officers in the area were keying in. They switched to a direct channel thats not repeated and set to low for small area use knowing who the feed belongs to couldnt hear them as he is across town. The channel recently has been fully encrypted along with 2 others being alt channels.

That's the same reason I pulled the Hobbs feed down. I have several friends on the force and their lives were getting into jeopardy from the "bad" guys. One officer told me the worst feeling he ever got is when he was arresting someone and a minute after he said he had the guy in custody, he heard himself coming out of the guy's back pocket. I applaud you for helping protect the men and women in the line of duty.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I dont see any Hobbs or Las Cruces fire/ems feeds online. If police feeds were taken down because of bad guys, could the fire and EMS feeds still be online?

CC1309

I dont see any Hobbs or Las Cruces fire/ems feeds online. If police feeds were taken down because of bad guys, could the fire and EMS feeds still be online?

I have actually thought about putting the Fire/EMS feed back online. I was very beneficial during the wildfire season and there were some firefighters that would monitor the feeds either through mobile devices or computer. Without a shadow of a doubt I would not put a law enforcement frequency back online. Too many of the "bad guys" out there utilizing this for malicious intents.

Status
Not open for further replies.