No Marion County, FL Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

knurt

I just recently noticed that Marion County has made changes and I have uploaded this via Radio Reference.com to my BCD996T using ARC996PRO software as I have done in the past successfully.
However, I receive nothing after loading this time. Using the old software I only receive ID 1002 which is the Marion County Sheriff's Dispatch 2. In earlier times (months ago) I was able to receive many of the talk groups from this system. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

On another note I have successfully downloaded Ocala City's trunk system and it functions perfectly.

Gary S

knurt

No Marion County, FL Trunk system

Just a correction to my previous post and instead of "I uploaded this", it should read I downloaded this system via radio reference.

DickH

I just recently noticed that Marion County has made changes and I have uploaded this via Radio Reference.com to my BCD996T using ARC996PRO software as I have done in the past successfully.
However, I receive nothing after loading this time. ...

On another note I have successfully downloaded Ocala City's trunk system and it functions perfectly.
Gary S

If the freqs. in the database are correct, the Marion county freqs. need to have custom band plans put in to your scanner. The Ocala freqs. do not need custom band plans, that why you hear them and not Marion.

knurt

Custom Band Plans

Having waded through the 'Custom Band Plans' bag of worms for a couple of day's, I now realise that I am too old to grasp the rebanding of the scanner world. Thanks for your help though.

Gary S - 74

Custom Band Plans.

Many thanks DickH.

I'll look into that.

Gary S

DickH

Having waded through the 'Custom Band Plans' bag of worms for a couple of day's, I now realise that I am too old to grasp the rebanding of the scanner world. Thanks for your help though.

Gary S - 74

Do you have the latest version of the software? It should have a place to check for a rebanded system and the software should do it for you. I don't have that scanner or the software, I'm only repeating what I have read here on RR. Do some searching and you may get better info.

knurt

Software

For anyone who may be interested I use the Uniden BCD996T Scanner with the latest firmware update, i.e., 3.02.00 and download scanner software from Radio Reference with Butels ARC996PRO V4.0 b001 PRO.
I have not had any problems in the past and just recently downloaded Ocala, Floridas Project 25 Phase 1 (FDMA) system and it works perfectly. However, with Marion Counties trunk system Project 25 I do not hear all of the talk groups as I did in the past from my location about 8 miles north of Dunnellon, FL. This is with the current software at Radio Reference

In the past I always heard the Sheriff, Fire/Rescue, EMS, county maintenance the bailiffs, etc and others through the three talkgroups. I currently hear only talkgroup 1002 (Dispatch 2) and 1010 (Dunnellon) at the frequency 852.2250. I do recall going through a rebanding process some time ago, maybe two years, and had no problem with that.

Gary S

DickH

... I currently hear only talkgroup 1002 (Dispatch 2) and 1010 (Dunnellon) at the frequency 852.2250.
Gary S
There is no 852.2250 in the RR database, so I can't imagine you are hearing anything on that freq. unless the database is wrong.
852.75000a
852.87500a
853.25000c

If the rebanding was done correctly you should hear everything OK. I suggest you run through it again, putting in the custom band plans manually or via the software if the software can do it.

knurt

Software

I forgot to mention that I added that in to that list plus 853.7250. Why I added these two freq's in, I don't remember.
I'll keep working with it and I'll probably see my error in time. Usually in something like this it turns out to be something very simple that one has missed.

Thanks again for the help, Gary S

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
I am in Ocala, I own a Pro-106 scanner, I use PSRedit-500 scanner software for programming and tweaking, and ran a trunk system check of Marions County radio system using pro96com software on my computer. I read the MC trunk system, and the following freq's appear and are functioning fine for me.

852.75000a
852.87500a
853.25000c

You may have to re-enter the above freq's for the system, and then try scanning with WILDCARDS turned on, to see if the system is picking up anything being transmitted... if its picking up comms, re-enter manually, or thru your ARC software, all of the Marion Counties talkgroups you wish to monitor.

set your scanner to P25 automatic and be sure your system is set to narrow band. 853.2500 seems to be the cc thats used most all the time. There must be a setting you overlooked, probably something very simple, but frustrating just the same. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

knurt

Marion County Trunk

Thanks Kevin for the help, which got me to thinking that if I can receive Ocala's Trunk OK, also a Project 25 Phase 1 (FDMA), APCO 25 digital, etc., why can't I receive Marion County's? This says that my receiver is functioning OK, isn't it? Anyway, I'll mull this over for awhile...

Gary

knurt

No luck yet. To date all that I get is Marion County Sheriffs dispatch at ID 1002 and occasionally Dunnellon's ID at 1010 with both of these at 852.2250MHz. I have tried the Custom Band Plan as suggested and still nothing. I pick up Ocala City with no problem and Levy county to the north which is conventional and Citrus county to the south which is analog trunk so I don't think that it is reception. I am using an outdoor type omni with my Uniden BCD996T scanner and I have copied Marion County in the past with no problems using the same system. I don't know exactly when the problem started as I had not been active on the scanner for the past year up until November at least.

Knurt

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
No luck yet. To date all that I get is Marion County Sheriffs dispatch at ID 1002 and occasionally Dunnellon's ID at 1010 with both of these at 852.2250MHz. I have tried the Custom Band Plan as suggested and still nothing. I pick up Ocala City with no problem and Levy county to the north which is conventional and Citrus county to the south which is analog trunk so I don't think that it is reception. I am using an outdoor type omni with my Uniden BCD996T scanner and I have copied Marion County in the past with no problems using the same system. I don't know exactly when the problem started as I had not been active on the scanner for the past year up until November at least.

Knurt

if you need help to confirm the reception troubleshooting... i can drive up your way with my Pro-106 and plug into your omni antenna to see if its reception, or your scanner. Let me know, I'm always trying to help my local scanner buddies. I've helped around 6 local scanner enthusiasts by programming thier scanners from my home at various times over the past year or so. I wish I knew more about the BCD996T. I could clone yours if I had one. I've cloned my 106 to a few friends, and got them up and running with the MC & Ocala systems.

ps, I use a Yagi style antenna, outdoors up on a mast, it's designed for 800 mhz, and it's pointed at the closest MC transmit tower that I know of. It really makes a difference in reception.

NYRHKY94

Knurt:

For what it's worth, Kevin helped troubleshoot Marion County with me while I was down in FLA recently for a visit. I could not get MC on my Pro-106 and asked Kevin for some help. He was kind enough to offer several suggestions, however it ended up simply being a distance/reception issue for me. I was located on the MC/Sumter County line and was using an RS 800 MHz rubber ducky. Ended up that I just couldn't pull in the MC towers from my location with just the ducky. I was hearing everything else loud & clear.

knurt

I am still searching for the mysterious & elusive Custom Band Plan. I have found this:
Marion County 800 MHz Trunked System
But it doesn't seem to work either. It is the same band plan that is used in ARC996PRO software if you use their "Motorola Type 2 800 MHz Custom" option as the Site System Type in the setup procedure.

Knurt

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
The band plan on that webpage has an error. The first (top) 851.0125 should read 851.025. Polarity, if needed, is positive for both. The 25 is 25kHz.

knurt

However, I receive nothing after loading this time. Using the old software I only receive ID 1002 which is the Marion County Sheriff's Dispatch 2. In earlier times (months ago) I was able to receive many of the talk groups from this system. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Gary S

Problem Solved.

I have dug out the small whip antenna that came with my receiver and connected it up and I now have started receiving all of the ID's, to date, 1103, 1002, 1101, 1120, 1100 etc., so it appears that my old rooftop Omni has developed a problem over the last year or so. Corrosion likely.

I want to thank everyone who has responded and helped with this problem. It was much appreciated.

I still don't know what this rebanding is all about but I don't think that I am using it at this time. It is set up straight off of Radio Reference's download using my ARC996PRO software..

Knurt/Gary S

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
Problem Solved.

I have dug out the small whip antenna that came with my receiver and connected it up and I now have started receiving all of the ID's, to date, 1103, 1002, 1101, 1120, 1100 etc., so it appears that my old rooftop Omni has developed a problem over the last year or so. Corrosion likely.

I want to thank everyone who has responded and helped with this problem. It was much appreciated.

I still don't know what this rebanding is all about but I don't think that I am using it at this time. It is set up straight off of Radio Reference's download using my ARC996PRO software..

Knurt/Gary S

GREAT NEWS Gary !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.