No more silver scanners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

W4CRT said:
I agree 100%. The old scanners, "Realistic Patrolman" had a ring to it. I hate the name "Radio Shack".

I wish RS scanners would at least have the model printed on the front of the scanner "PRO-96" instead of the huge Radio Shack logo. That would be much better.

commstar

Premium Subscriber
In agreement with Hoser, I submit that Faux Gold with clear faceted stone Icing would be the way to go.

Further, I think an option to change the radio display text to that warm latino gangster graffiti script that is so charmingly prevalent on most vertical surfaces in our inner-cities and suburbs these days would be in order.

Changes like this could truly broaden the user base and boost sales thus potentially lowering prices for us all.

There are other options one could be offered of interest to this market segment:
~A single pushbutton that would immediately erase the scanners contents.
~Radio must fit in every cupholder of every car in the NICB list of most stolen cars in the radios year of production.
~A clip that would actually work on the cheap spandex waistband of boxer shorts (since your pants are around your ankles while you walk down the street.
~ Or perhaps a Velcro pad on the back of the radio and then down the front of your pants she goes for the ultimate stealth carry (must be post-pubescent and likely non-asian for this to work-out right or a Merkin must be deployed).
~Red-cased radios that will not display the number 13 or the letter 'C' under any circumstance.
~Blue-cased radios that will not display the number 14 or the letter 'B' under any circumstance.
~Clear cases for those who are two-timing snitches.
~Regardless of color: cases must be impervious to malt liquor.
~ A percentage from each sale could be donated to the library and recreation fund at the prison of your choice.

Just some ideas here, with some time and a bit of effort I think we can come up with a real winner here.

Then again, Black is good too. Silver wears quickly on most radios and looks cheap from the start.

Attachments

• modern-cell-phone.jpg
    modern-cell-phone.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 87

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
black is the way to go. I really wish that scanners were made of the textured metal that Yaesu uses on their small widebands and 2ways. It would make them heavier, but then they wouldnt be so top heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.