• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

No NOAH Weather broadcast after I turn headlights on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbelius65

Hi All. I installed a new Uniden CMX760 in my 08 Dodge Ram 1500 today. I get the usual cb noise and I get the weather broadcast clearly. When I turn on my lights, the broadcast goes blank with no noise at all. I connected both the positive and negative leads directly to the battery to prevent "engine" noise but still get "engine" noise. I know the Dodges have a "CanBus" electrical system, could this be an issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

a417

What type of lights? headlights? LED fog lights? Mood lights? You say that you lose everything when you turn your lights on, but you do not mention if the engine is on...then you say you're getting engine noise. More specifics are needed.

If it goes to hell when your lights are on, then I think you have some LED ballasts somewhere that are trashing your CB front end...and I'd start looking there, as well as grounding for the antenna, the type of coax you used, and the entire signal path.

Arbelius65

Yes. I have converted just about every light to LED. Headlights, fog lights, parking/turn signals, I also have a 54" light bar across the top of the windshield and a 20" light bar on the push/bull bar up front. I have the required resistors installed to make the blinkers not hyperflash and resistors to keep the headlights from blinking. The antenna is mounted on the left side bed rail area right behind the cab with two bolts going through the aluminum bracket into the sheet metal. I have good ground on the bottom side of the co-ax connector and about .018 on the antenna side. I havnt how ever checked the ground between the lower mounted area and the negative post of the battery yet.

What type of lights? headlights? LED fog lights? Mood lights? You say that you lose everything when you turn your lights on, but you do not mention if the engine is on...then you say you're getting engine noise. More specifics are needed.

If it goes to hell when your lights are on, then I think you have some LED ballasts somewhere that are trashing your CB front end...and I'd start looking there, as well as grounding for the antenna, the type of coax you used, and the entire signal path.
Pleas read my reply below. Thanks!

a417

Then you will have to address every LED you placed on that vehicle, as it is invariably the source of your interference.

hitechRadio

The headlights are the culprit.
Courtesy lights are unlikely to be the issue, most that I have seen just use a resistor divider and not a switching regulator like LED headlights.
There are replacement Hedlight LEDs that are better than others to keep from interference, they are usually more expensive though.
I have tried the ferrite core route, no noticeable difference I could tell. Solution was a better USA made LED.
(note, the cheap china ones I purchased first, even said that radio interference was a possible issue in the chinglish destructions)
You will likely notice you car stereo also is having issues also receiving weak stations.

ALSO...The better option.....your negative really needs to go to chassis ground as close as possible to radio. And NOT direct to battery.
If you decide to keep the neg direct to battery, be sure it is fused, bad things can happen (think.. smoke, fire, melting wire) if not fused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.