PSR-800: No P-25 on VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I held the power button and the menu button while turning on the scanner, and here is what it showed:

uP Boot Ver: F1.0
uP Appl Ver: U1.8

CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB

Please advise what this means and thanks again.

It means it has not been updated in a long time, you can do one more update via ezscan on the pc that will bring you to the last GRE update, but you really should send it to Whistler for the legacy upgrade that makes it a ws1080 scanner with dozen of firmware fixes and ezscan fixes.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
It means it has not been updated in a long time, you can do one more update via ezscan on the pc that will bring you to the last GRE update, but you really should send it to Whistler for the legacy upgrade that makes it a ws1080 scanner with dozen of firmware fixes and ezscan fixes.

Thanks for your help!

jimg

Premium Subscriber
"invalid frequency" - ???

I am trying to enter VHF frequencies, which are included in a P-25 Trunked System, (TACN), into my PSR GRE 800 scanner, and I keep receiving this message: "The frequency you entered is invalid for this radio."
The frequencies are as follows: 152.085, 152.535, 152.775.
Also, I have the scanner set to "Auto Fill".
Any help would be appreciated so thanks in advance.

troymail

Silent Key
I see the same for the PSR-800 version of EZ Scan. The TRX version of EZ Scan doesn't seem to have a problem with it so I can only assume it was a bug that was fixed at some point (after GRE went out of business).

However, it appears that importing the same system/site/data from the library works - have you tried that rather than trying to enter it manually?

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I see the same for the PSR-800 version of EZ Scan. The TRX version of EZ Scan doesn't seem to have a problem with it so I can only assume it was a bug that was fixed at some point (after GRE went out of business).

However, it appears that importing the same system/site/data from the library works - have you tried that rather than trying to enter it manually?

No, I haven't tried to import it from the library. I'll give that a try and thanks for the speedy reply!

jimg

Premium Subscriber
This is a continuation of the thread I started last April. My PSR-800 scanner will still not receive, in fact, will not allow me to enter these frequencies:: 152.08500, 152.53500, 152.7750. (These are frequencies on just one site of a statewide trunking system.) I get a message that these frequencies are "invalid" for this radio. But, as I said in a post last year, the scanner did receive these frequencies, before whatever happened, so that it no longer does. I have tried reinstalling the firmware and a new SD card, but no change. I also have a WS-1088, and it receives these frequencies perfectly! If anyone knows what might fix this problem, I would appreciate hearing from them!
jimg

Swipesy

Your frequencies did not work on my 800. I changed the setting in Ezscan to Flexstep and all of your frequencies entered with no issues. I copied and pasted you frequencies from this thread. The problem is those freq are not standard for the Band Plan. Flexstep solves that. If yours doesn't work, maybe your EZScan is corrupted.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much for all your help! It may be that the EZScan is corrupted and that's why it won't recognize those frequencies. However, it does a good job receiving everything else and I just have it as a backup scanner. My main scanner is the WS-1088. I'm hoping that Whistler will soon release their new scanners so I can upgrade and get NXDN trucking, as some agencies in areas where I travel have switched over to this digital format. (Hasn't it been about a year since Whistler made the announcement about these new scanners?)

jimg

Premium Subscriber
The TRX-1 Handheld and the TRX-2 Base have been out a while and do NXDN the TRX-100 and TRX-200 are the ones that are not out yet.
Yes, it was the TRX-100 that I was referring to. Any idea when they will be released?
jimg

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping the new scanners would be released in the 1Q of 2019, or, at the very least, some pictures of what they would look like!
jimg

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Your frequencies did not work on my 800. I changed the setting in Ezscan to Flexstep and all of your frequencies entered with no issues. I copied and pasted you frequencies from this thread. The problem is those freq are not standard for the Band Plan. Flexstep solves that. If yours doesn't work, maybe your EZScan is corrupted.

I checked again and found that the Flexstep option was indeed off, so I changed it to on. I was then able to re-enter these frequencies and they were accepted, and not rejected as "invalid" frequencies. I saved these to the site, however, when scanning the scanner will still not pickup that site, while my PSR-500 is receiving that site without any problems. Any other thing I might try?
jimg

Swipesy

I am too far away to help you with reception. Keep in mind that the GRE 500 and 800 are not great performers on VHF. If it is working on your 500 look at the configuration settings for your frequencies and make sure the 800's match, i.e. mode, squelch. IMO the 800 is worse on VHF than the 500 which is why I have a analog scannner to listen to those ranges of frequencies. Good luck and glad the flexstep suggestion worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.