• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

No ProVoice Audio - Jaguar 700P, P7100ip - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaJungle

Ive had a hard time getting any answers on this, so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a box of Jaguar 700Ps and P7100ips from a department and for whatever reason, they have all stopped receiving any ProVoice audio. At first, I thought this was an issue with just the P7100ip, which apparently has happened before, but now it appears all of them have this problem. I am 90% sure that the radios were receiving ProVoice the day prior, but I wasnt expecting this issue so I cant say for sure now that I think about it.

They receive analog just fine, but
- when there is someone transmitting with ProVoice, there is not even any receive symbol on the radio screen.
My other radios receive the ProVoice just fine - Jaguar 700P, P7200. The P7200 has the exact same personality in it.
- The screen doesnt show anything but the TG Im parked on - no CC Scan, no error, nothing. It's as if there isnt even any transmission at all.

- they have feature 29
- the TGs are set to unencrypted
- the site is correct
- the frequencies are correct

I have:
- tried loading up some new firmware/DSP
- doing a total recovery with default tracking
- tried using a new personality
-pressing MONCLR during PV tx - nothing. The first time I tried this, I briefly saw a hardware error pop up, but I haven't seen it again.

I don't know what else to do to fix this. Possible reasons:
-the prior programming had some kind of option that killed the feature when the radio was wiped/programming changed
-hardware error?

I'd love to be able to have these radios up and running like my others, so any help would be really great!

nucleaireqc

check other P7100 if similar DSP

F4*** working only Unencrypted. EDACS, conventionnal AEGIS, EDACS, conventionnal Provoice and (P25 conventionnal)
F6*** add DES encryption P25 conventionnal and AEGIS provoice on system conventionnal and edacs
F8*** Unencrypted and support p25 trunked

ScubaJungle

I did try one from the F7*** group, I haven't tried farther back than that, but I can.
For firmware, I tried J2R16A18.

The other P7100ip and Jaguar 700Ps are acting the same way

nucleaireqc

I had a similar problem a while ago I was not receiving digital but analog only. I saved my featdata (feature STRING) I carried out a restoration erased the eeprom and put a new tracking data and it worked thereafter try that

ScubaJungle

I did try a restore but Im not sure if I erased the eeprom. I think I remember it asking me that when I did the restore, but Im not certain - or do I need to manually do that another way?

edit: nevermind, I remember now. I think I may have screwed that up by forcing the radio code. Im going to try it again

ScubaJungle

No luck. I did the recovery with default tracking again, and still nothing. Just uploaded the personality into a different P7200 and it works fine. It has to be something with these radios, but I dont understand what.

ScubaJungle

I got one of the P7100ips working. I really am not sure why it worked this time, but for the hell of it, I tried another recovery attempt. I dont know what changed, but I guess it doesn't matter.. as long as the rest also play nice. I will update. Now, to fix the P7200 audio problem, and I will be problem-free

ScubaJungle

Ive gotten them working *mostly*
Still not perfect though. The system with all ProVoice TGs works fine, but the system with mixed ProVoice/analog will still not receive any ProVoice whether in scan or on the TG directly. Doesnt make much sense to me, but I guess its better than nothing

ScubaJungle

Dr J
Make sure the TG isnt encrypted....
They all are working good now!
I cant speak for the technical details, but after uploading default tracking data they all worked fine. They were part of an EDACS IP network with all PV, so my only guess is that wiping them somehow wiped something or messed up the tracking? No idea, but glad they are working!

merlin

Anything un encrypted should come through fine. Might be suffering my dilemma in that some of my radios have the provoice module pulled.
Ran across some site recently that are selling the provoice modules for $45,,might be Ebay.
I have a nice Orion, but stripped on top of de channeled.

Status
Not open for further replies.