No railroad frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSWest

I’m trying to monitor NS in Virginia. I downloaded broadcastify on my phone. I created an account. I can hear ems, etc. but nothing else. I cannot find anything in search menus. Are the railroads behind a paywall? I just don’t know what I’m doing.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
In the Philadelphia and Trenton area you have Amtrak Northeast corridor Road channels. Also some Freight and yard frequencies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I’m trying to monitor NS in Virginia. I downloaded broadcastify on my phone. I created an account. I can hear ems, etc. but nothing else. I cannot find anything in search menus. Are the railroads behind a paywall? I just don’t know what I’m doing.
In order for the railroads in your area to be available on Broadcastify, somebody in your area needs to have a scanner set up to provide that feed to Broadcastify.

Check this link:

hill

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the database on this site it looks like all the frequencies you wish to monitor are analog, so any basic scanner will work. I know that the railroads are going NXDN at some point and if this occurs you will need a different scanner to monitor this digital mode.

I don't monitor railroads, since find it boring. Do live right next some tracks though.

TSWest

Thanks! I got the answer I was looking for. I was doing it correctly, The feed availability is the limiting factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.