No receive audio when scanning and on active signal, must frequently partial reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast1eddie

Hello Everyone, confusing symptom with my R30...When scanning immediately after power on, no audio is emits when on a active signal. After going through the menus and verifying proper mode selection, I did a partial reset. Upon doing so, radio scans and opens squelch normally. I find the Auto setting works best so excessive tight squelch is not the problem. This occurs every time I power the unit up. Guess it needs to go back to Icom, any idea of out of warranty cost?? Terrific little receiver, but complex for me. Guessing something on the CPU board is acting up.

Good Signals,

ed

Fast1eddie

External battery is fine, didn't think their was a internal one. Partial reset, full reset fixes the issue but I have to do this when the radio is turned on. Bought the radio last year (8/19) and out of warranty.

racingfan360

Any possibility you are overloading the front end and it requires some attenuation? The reset might be tripping it to be below the threshold where it does break squelch as you would expect.

Fast1eddie

Well boys, I am going to send my R 30 out to Icom service in Michigan. Their out of warranty rate is $52.00 which is lower than I expected. The radio is pretty much useless to me at this point.

Thank you all for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.