BCD436HP/BCD536HP: No Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdVolBaltoCo

I bought 5 Bcd436Hp units for members of my dept. This was in Feb and gave to members in March. I noticed one member had his in office and I asked why and he said he was not receiving any reception. I thought it was weird but chalked it up to him not programming it correctly. 3 days later my reception went to zero. No changes in settings. Just all of a sudden goes from time out working, Baltimore co fire and pd working to nothing. I searched threads but found nothing like my case. Any and all help appreciated.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Were the scanners near a high-power radio when it was transmitting? A 50-watt or greater radio can output enough RF to fry the input of the scanner if the antennas are too close during transmit.

Have you tried seeing if the scanners can still pick up the NOAA weather channels?

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Similar thing happened to me. Just throwing this out there, in case. I listen to Dayton, OH area P25 traffic. I originally only had the primary Control Channel in my scanner - worked fine. For whatever reason, they switched to an alternate CC - scanner dead. Just a thought...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Which is why you program all site frequencies, not just the current control channel. The control channel can change at any time with no notice.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
What exact system are you not receiving? It's a bit of a long shot, but I'm not that far from Baltimore and might be able to pick it up on my base antenna.

MdVolBaltoCo

Ok check and all channels were loaded. I have both my 436 and 396 side by side. The older unit is taking away while newer unit silent. Switched antennas with no change to 436. I am about to pull my hair out and that's hard cuz I am bald.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok check and all channels were loaded. I have both my 436 and 396 side by side. The older unit is taking away while newer unit silent. Switched antennas with no change to 436. I am about to pull my hair out and that's hard cuz I am bald.
If you created a Baltimore Favorites list, did you manually add it the information? Or did you append the system from the database, then either delete, or avoid, the items that were not of interest.

Are you scanning from a Favorites list, instead of using the main database with your location?

Is your location entered correctly? And have you verified that the correct Service Types are enabled in your Profile? By default, the only Service Types enabled are Dispatch (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, and Multi-Dispatch). Be sure to also enable the 'Tal'' and 'Tac' types (Law Talk, Fire Tac, etc).

MdVolBaltoCo

Thanks. I downloaded full database and I ca now hear Baltimore County. Don't know if something changed but I will have to delete my fav and update. Thanks for help

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I downloaded full database and I ca now hear Baltimore County. Don't know if something changed but I will have to delete my fav and update. Thanks for help

I had such an issue once with my 436. Thats what I get for playing with settings I don't understand. What I did was to erase all on the scanner and then re-download from the software back to the scanner. Worked just fine after that. FWIW Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.