no response from DSD teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
I have been a lifetime fastlane subscriber for years. Since the 2.383 update, I am no longer able to do the updates, I always have the error Download failed. I tried several times to contact them and with different emails (including the one I subscribe to fastlane) but no response from them, as if I would be banned or blocked but I don't understand why.

others who can't download the update and who don't have an answer from the DSD team?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have been a lifetime fastlane subscriber for years. Since the 2.383 update, I am no longer able to do the updates, I always have the error Download failed. I tried several times to contact them and with different emails (including the one I subscribe to fastlane) but no response from them, as if I would be banned or blocked but I don't understand why.

others who can't download the update and who don't have an answer from the DSD team?

You are attempting to download through the DSD+ program?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like it is an issue with your security software not DSD+, I would check the security settings, as it is working for most others.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like it is an issue with your security software not DSD+, I would check the security settings, as it is working for most others.
I don't think so because I tried with my friend's version on the same computer without changing anything and I am able to update it. seems to be my account at DSD which is blocked for some reason.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
Try right-clicking on the DSDPlus.exe and then click Run as Administrator. Then try to update.

all my dsdplus.exe have always had the option run as administrator but for some reason, this option is no longer checked, maybe due to a recent update. Thanks Scanrite for the suggestion, it works now.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
update: I tried with run as Administrator disable and I can Download. surely my account was blocked at DSD teams.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Hmm, did you share your DSD+ Fast Lane exe with others? Perhaps it was phoning home from too many IP addresses, and they blocked you.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
I did not share my DSD but I have several remotes to listen to different places. EX: I installed a laptop with 2 SDR at my Chalet, and 1 other laptop at my Son house in another city. But only me has access to my remotes. and I haven't seen anywhere that it's not allowed. correct me if I'm wrong!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Seems perfectly reasonable, however perhaps they viewed it as suspicious activity and that you were sharing the software. 🤷‍♂️

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Seems perfectly reasonable, however perhaps they viewed it as suspicious activity and that you were sharing the software.

Even if that's the case, they should still respond to messages regarding it, and at least let you know if that's what happened or not. Not quite sure what it is with people who develop projects with the initials dsd and not wanting to respond to people. :unsure: In this case, should be a given considering money was actually spent.

unknown40aa

Even if that's the case, they should still respond to messages regarding it, and at least let you know if that's what happened or not. Not quite sure what it is with people who develop projects with the initials dsd and not wanting to respond to people. :unsure: In this case, should be a given considering money was actually spent.
how can i contact the dsdplus team i have been sending messages for a year and they do not respond to my messages

@slicerwizard you can help?

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I have a similar problem. Lost a PC due to lightning, had a backup installed it on my laptop and get RTL device 1 is in use. I am good at this stuff and have used different versions of Zadig, redone config files anything I can think of. sent a email last Monday and no responce. I am really loosing faith in the support part of a otherwise great software. Amd yes I even changed the serial number of the dongle.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they went too far protecting and won't ad mitt it . Everything Is of of the same IP, you would think they saw one PC trying to connect, while the other has not been online for a month. Please DSD team respond!

Status
Not open for further replies.