no response from DSD teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Starting to look like that. Was a great program, but these posts are showning sloppy updates and lots of the RTL is in use already. No support on their site, says to come here. Trust me I have tried everything. No way to trash a old computer and install on a new to me PC. Hell I even offered to buy it again and no response. Looking like they made their money and going bye bye now.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
If there really is a rep on this site, look at the emails, I am a lifetime member, send me the files. It can't be that hard, you have my info.

cg

Premium Subscriber
So back up to an older version until it works to your satisfaction again. Simply paste your backup into the computer, there are no installation files, and run it again.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a older version, actually said I would pay again to start over. I only have the last version that works backed up. Sorry but your advice sucks, really thinking I might get some professional advice.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
So back up to an older version until it works to your satisfaction again. Simply paste your backup into the computer, there are no installation files, and run it again.
So you are saying I have bought and paid for software I can not use and the developer will not respond. Just backup to something I don't have, you sir are the problem in today's society.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The current version does not play well with the current update of Windows without whitelisting. Not a good situation. The devs need to step up and fix it.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I omly have a backup of the last version that ran fine. Don't have one from 3 years ago before they put some king of encryption on it to lock it to one PC. Even though, they should respond.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Annapolis, Lost many of brain cells at McGarveys's downtowm

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
The current version does not play well with the current update of Windows without whitelisting. Not a good situation. The devs need to step up and fix it.
Yes it is on the Devs, all other software's work fine.

slicerwizard

I omly have a backup of the last version that ran fine. Don't have one from 3 years ago before they put some king of encryption on it to lock it to one PC. Even though, they should respond.
This sounds like some sort of Grade A conspiracy nonsense. I can (and have) copied my DSD+ folder to a USB stick and then run DSD+ on all of the laptops and netbooks in this household. No problems using an Airspy (which doesn't need Zadig's intervention, so very easy to test on any Windows PC) to monitor whatever is out there. DSD+ doesn't need to phone home to run - I use it mobile on laptops with no Internet link, so your theory doesn't pass the sniff test.

Sorry but your advice sucks, really thinking I might get some professional advice.

Just backup to something I don't have, you sir are the problem in today's society.
If that's how you communicate with them, I wouldn't blame them for not dealing with you. But I doubt that's what's going on. They obviously care about what users want / have to say - I've seen enough reports posted here of issues that were then addressed in later updates. You emailed them what, once? Why don't you just try again? And how do you know that they didn't respond? It could be blocked as spam. Have you checked?

Looking like they made their money and going bye bye now.
So a couple of recent updates means it's a dead project? Yeah, ok...

To be honest, you're sounding as bad as that guy who got his scanner damaged by shipping it in a bubble envelope and then blamed everyone else. Now feel free to tell me that my advice sucks and that I'm the problem in today's society.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I tried again today and still get rtl1 is already in use. Sorry about last night frustrated beyond belief. I have been using DSD+Fastlane 4 years now. Was working fine when the old PC died. I made a backup about 3 weeks ago so I have the working backup. Copied it to the new to me laptop. ran Zadig and this is the error I get. I am noticing that in device manager I always get two USB bulk interfaces, same in fastlane. I only run one RTL stick. Changed the serial number on the stick to zero, no help. Thinking a Zadig or windows problem. Clean install of win10 pro with all updates. Now that I am not as frustrated, does anyone have any ideas? I am running a orange flight aware stick but tried a RTL V3 also with the same results. I have a RSP1A, but it never played nice with fastlane. Next paycheck I will order a AirSpy mini and be done with it.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, did you share your DSD+ Fast Lane exe with others? Perhaps it was phoning home from too many IP addresses, and they blocked you.
Nice that you liked Slicewizards reply to me about encryption or not able to install on another computer.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Nice that you liked Slicewizards reply to me about encryption or not able to install on another computer.
Your posts in this thread (which wasn't even your thread to begin with) are whiny and immature. I'll click the like button on any post I care to, and I'm hardly worried about being called out for it by you. I notice you didn't call out the other four members who liked his post, however. Grow up.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Not my post, but on topic as to no response from the DSD team. I apologized that I was very frustrated and A forum that I am a member of, I asked for help. The responses were directly conflicting between you and slicewizard. You need to grow up. You know the difference between grown up and immature? I apologized, you retaliated.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Not my post, but on topic as to no response from the DSD team. I apologized that I was very frustrated and A forum that I am a member of, I asked for help. The responses were directly conflicting between you and slicewizard. You need to grow up. You know the difference between grown up and immature? I apologized, you retaliated.
You felt the need to call me out individually for clicking the like button on a post. You're making assumptions about why I liked his post, not knowing if perhaps I liked one thing that he said as opposed to the entire post. As if it even matters, but you seem hung up on it. Oh and I liked his post well before you "apologized" a few hours ago, however you still felt the need to call me out in the very next post. So before you try to save face by accusing me of retaliating for no apparent reason, just remember that it was you who dragged me back into this thread. Your behavior in this thread speaks volumes, and so to quote your own words "perhaps you're the problem in today's society".

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Yes sir, as a Administrator you were very rude with your comment, makes the site look bad. Imagine someone new coming in reading this and seeing your response. I was frustrated and admitted. Just explained to you why with conflicting posts and you are still coming after me. Read post 34 again.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
My RSP1 works great with DSDPlus Fastlane. It is my go-to radio for Fastlane.
Love who ever gave you the salt water conch title. 100 ton licensed here, spent most of the 80's to about 2002 in the Bahamas and the rest of the carribean.

cg

Premium Subscriber
At the risk of being branded yet again "the problem in today's society", have you searched this site for the phrase "rtl1 is already in use"?
And did you try those solutions? Because other than saying you have an issue, changed a serial number and ran Zadig, you haven't said what you actually have tried. You haven't posted batch files for FMP24 and DSDPlus. You haven't mentioned if you tried different ways of running FMP24, by windows device number or by serial number.
I found at least one thread with that same error and the person was able to get it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.