no response from DSD teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

grosminet

I sent to fastlane DSD team some requests about eDMR , a "french" development of DMR with 3 slots, I hadn't any response . This protocol is used by major company because they can reuse there low VHF network . We have all remote control of all french electricity group EDF in 73 MHz . Talkies used are the same box as the TPH700 tetrapol . We can send IQ to developpers but we need somme contacts

For futher informations

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I sent to fastlane DSD team some requests about eDMR , a "french" development of DMR with 3 slots, I hadn't any response . This protocol is used by major company because they can reuse there low VHF network . We have all remote control of all french electricity group EDF in 73 MHz . Talkies used are the same box as the TPH700 tetrapol . We can send IQ to developpers but we need somme contacts

For futher informations

First off, DSD is not DSDPlus. Fast Lane is only associated with DSDPlus. If you want to send something to the DSDPlus team, send to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com . If you want to send something to the DSD team, you will probably want to establish an account on Github and then communicate on Github with the DSD team

Of course, if this truly is different from any existing DMR flavor, you are going to need to provide the authors with the appropriate documentation. Just sending them that link is not going to give them the information they need to implement it.

thewraith2008

I wonder just how much of this actually resembles the DMR specifications.

If there are 3 slots in the same 12.5kHz RF spacing (which that PDF describes), then all the burst timings are going to be different.
This would mean different SYNC patterns, data and voice PDU structures and a different audio codec.
This would mean that this eDMR would be proprietary and you are probably not going to find much in the way of an open specification.

This would probably require heaps of reverse engineering to build a decoder for.
Unless it becomes widely adopted (and carries a worth while traffic to listen too), I couldn't imagine investing any time doing this.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I wonder just how much of this actually resembles the DMR specifications.

If there are 3 slots in the same 12.5kHz RF spacing (which that PDF describes), then all the burst timings are going to be different.
This would mean different SYNC patterns, data and voice PDU structures and a different audio codec.
This would mean that this eDMR would be proprietary and you are probably not going to find much in the way of an open specification.

This would probably require heaps of reverse engineering to build a decoder for.
Unless it becomes widely adopted (and carries a worth while traffic to listen too), I couldn't imagine investing any time doing this.

I agree on all accounts. However, with that said, the DSDPlus authors (and maybe authors of other DMR software) may find it interesting to have raw audio samples to investigate this particular type of DMR. I totally agree that it wouldn't really be worth the time of anyone to invest in it given its current low [apparent] usage. But who knows.

If the OP knows how to capture raw audio in the way that the authors can really make use of it, they should do so and provide a link for download. That way anyone interested in testing the waters with reverse engineering it can give it a whirl.

thewraith2008

Sure, doesn't hurt to have a look if you are inclined to do so.
May have to dive into the patents for this one. :unsure:

radionx

Not only that. I wonder what MOTOROLA has to say about the licensing in that case. I mean...eDMR really could lead to "discussions" about the naming...?

a "french" development of DMR with 3 slots"
It is not DMR then.
Oh my, yeah, why use known standards like DMR or NXDN if you can cook your own bouillabaisse... :)

@grosminet
Do you really want to tell me that EDF is going to use a vendor-locked system with only one vendor available? A provider of critical infrastructure?
Without available public specs? No ETSI?
I think I need a seat now. Right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.