ProScan: No scanner display while viewing from Computer over WAN

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK. I double checked and when I thought I had WIFI off on the phone, it was actually ON. I speculate that was the issue.
I don't think that is it as the audio was working and the web page was being served.
Yes, WIFI was disabled. The only thing I did differently was removed all passwords.
I think the issue is more of a login type of problem then a display problem. All I can think of is in the browser settings, insure that the allow cookies option is on.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
I don't think that is it as the audio was working and the web page was being served.

I think the issue is more of a login type of problem then a display problem. All I can think of is in the browser settings, insure that the allow cookies option is on.
Allow cookies is on and I am back on the Chrome browser. Works correctly with EDGE too. I can CONFIRM that if WIFI is on, then it will NOT communicate properly using the PHONE as a HOTSPOT. Thanks @fxdscon for pointing that out. It appears to be the key.

FYI: The only time I had audio is when I was attempting to use the OUTSIDE IP address without using HOTSPOT. That's the ONLY time I could get AUDIO. I'm sure my knowledge is not to the point to understand WHY it would not work trying to access the OUTSIDE IP address using a computer that is ON the SAME network. That's when I get only AUDIO and not the SCHANNER FACE. That's truly out of my wheel house.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Allow cookies is on and I am back on the Chrome browser. Works correctly with EDGE too. I can CONFIRM that if WIFI is on, then it will NOT communicate properly using the PHONE as a HOTSPOT. Thanks @fxdscon for pointing that out. It appears to be the key.

FYI: The only time I had audio is when I was attempting to use the OUTSIDE IP address without using HOTSPOT. That's the ONLY time I could get AUDIO. I'm sure my knowledge is not to the point to understand WHY it would not work trying to access the OUTSIDE IP address using a computer that is ON the SAME network. That's when I get only AUDIO and not the SCHANNER FACE. That's truly out of my wheel house.
It's called hairpin NAT. If that isn't enabled on your router, it's likely accessing the public IP address from inside the LAN would not work.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
It's called hairpin NAT. If that isn't enabled on your router, it's likely accessing the public IP address from inside the LAN would not work.
Actually I was able to access from the LAN just fine. I had full control as well as Audio.

belvdr

Actually I was able to access from the LAN just fine. I had full control as well as Audio.
You had asked why you couldn't connect to the public IP address from the LAN. Is that not correct from this:
I'm sure my knowledge is not to the point to understand WHY it would not work trying to access the OUTSIDE IP address using a computer that is ON the SAME network. That's when I get only AUDIO and not the SCHANNER FACE. That's truly out of my wheel house.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
You had asked why you couldn't connect to the public IP address from the LAN, correct?
I'm sorry but no. Not exactly. I'm wondering why a separate computer on the same LAN cannot access the scanner via WAN using the WAN IP address with PORT #.

belvdr

I'm sorry but no. Not exactly. I'm wondering why a separate computer on the same LAN cannot access the scanner via WAN using the WAN IP address with PORT #.
And that's what my reply is about. Let's say your LAN is 192.168.0.x and your external IP is 1.1.2.2. You have two computers:

Proscan - 192.168.0.20 (port forwarded to 1.1.2.2 on port 8080)
Other PC - 192.168.0.100

You're wondering why the PC at 192.168.0.100 cannot connect to 1.1.2.2 on port 8080 and open the ProScan page. The reason is due to hairpin NAT not being enabled.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
OK. How do I correct that issue. I'm using AT&T fiber modem with built in router.

My current setting to allow outside traffic.

1677531278737.png

belvdr

OK. How do I correct that issue. I'm using AT&T fiber modem with built in router.

My current setting to allow outside traffic.

View attachment 137326
You need to look for the owners manual to the router to see if it supports it. Alternatively, you can click around the GUI and see if there's a hairpin NAT option. Sometimes it is called hairpinning. Generally, it's a checkbox (enabled or disabled).