• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

No sound baofeng BF-F9V2+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrd1963

Just had the same problem with sound. Seems to work with headset but nothing when unplugged. I used the radio 1 weekend during a hunt. I have tried plugging/unplugging headset but no luck. Any suggestions?

DJ11DLN

Unless you feel up to disassembling it and cleaning the contacts on the earphone jack, I'd suggest pitching it (or using it as a target) and just get another. Unless you're willing to just use it with the headset. They are $20 i.e. throw-away radios, after all.

ddrd1963

radio fixed

Tried the fix suggested plugging and unplugging ear piece but found that if I partially plugged in the earpiece the speaker started working. Seems to work fine now with earpiece removed. Although this is not a high dollar radio it works for my needs. As a disabled Vet, I am not in a financial position to afford the high dollar equipment and have to make do with lesser quality products. This radio is small and compact for hunting and being semi unfamiliar with civilian handheld radios and the whole ham radio world it seems OK as a starter radio. Hand mike is not an option as I need something silent when guiding other disabled vets on hunts. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and I am looking forward to learning more about this world from your knowledge base.

K5EBP

Awesome!

This was the answer for my BF-F9v2+ also. Just plug it in and unplug it a few times, and it works now.

My symptoms: speaker sounded great. When I plug in either of two external mic/earsets, they were both low volume and distorted audio.

After plugging it in a few times, it began to seat more deeply and that corrected it.

Easiest fix I came across. 73!

Status
Not open for further replies.